Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Frugal fun on Chanukah

DVOM

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 8:41 am
Happy Chanukah everyone!

I'm always looking for fun, inexpensive ways to make each day festive. Tonight we're decorating! I've been saving fabric scraps (clothing that doesn't fit or is stained), ribbon, patterned paper, and glitter and sequins. We're planning on making yards and yards of bunting and making stuff to put in our windows (and making a big mess!). Crafting is a family favorite Very Happy

Its supposed to be FREEZING here so we're saving our annual 'chanukah walk' to see everyone's menorah's for next week when it will hopefully warm up some.

What are you guys doing? Any good ideas?

Stars

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 8:57 am
Cookie and/or Donut decorating is a major one in this house. You don't even have to go all out and get lots of expensive toppings. You can make 3 different types of glazes with one box of confectioners sugar, then some sprinkles and chocolate chips. Jelly to fill the donuts, if you have it anyway.

Then we have it as dessert with warm drinks (warm apple cider if you're not dairy or don't want the kids to have hot cocoa at night)

Singing and dancing to a new music CD is lots of fun too.

Simple1

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 9:06 am
You can play "pass the present" with Dollar Tree prizes and Chanukah music. Or if you're creative you can think of some kind of grab bag game.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 9:17 am
Check out peas love and carrots on Instagram or on her blog she made something up called chaliympics which is basically fun games you can play with your family/kids after menorah lighting most don't require you to buy anything special

DVOM

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 9:47 am
amother wrote:
Check out peas love and carrots on Instagram or on her blog she made something up called chaliympics which is basically fun games you can play with your family/kids after menorah lighting most don't require you to buy anything special

This is amazing! I LOVE these ideas, thanks for the tip!

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 10:13 am
Check this out

https://betweencarpools.com/6-.....hing/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics