Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Peeling veggies tonight for tomorrow?

momof2+?

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:19 pm
Not so much healthy cooking, more like edible cooking🙃. Can I peel all my veggies to use for cooking tomorrow(soup, kugel, Chulent) and leave in water covered overnight? In the fridge? Do potatoes get unstarchy or anything?

esther36

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:20 pm
I do it all the time... It's fine

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:24 pm
As long as they are submerged in water they'll be fine. I do this with potatoes all Pesach.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:24 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Not so much healthy cooking, more like edible cooking🙃. Can I peel all my veggies to use for cooking tomorrow(soup, kugel, Chulent) and leave in water covered overnight? In the fridge? Do potatoes get unstarchy or anything?

Veggies yes. Just peel and bag and refrigerate.
Potatoes ok too but need to be submerged in water in a big bowl or container. Refrigerate like that.

momof2+?

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:25 pm
Thanks for answer so quickly!😁 gonna start the peeling session now!

smileyfaces

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:28 pm
I prepare my chicken soup on Thursday evening. Put everything in a large ziplock and then plop it in the pot Friday morning.
Potatoes I put in a ziplock in the fridge, not even in water. I squeeze out the air in the bag. They stay nice and white.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:49 pm
If you're preparing your chicken soup veg, are you doing onion? Because it's a pretty strong minhag, as far as I know, not to leave a peeled onion overnight. Though I did inquire if I can put it in a pot with water & other veg & was told OK, I would suggest checking if you're putting them in a bag without water.

smileyfaces

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:53 pm
amother wrote:
If you're preparing your chicken soup veg, are you doing onion? Because it's a pretty strong minhag, as far as I know, not to leave a peeled onion overnight. Though I did inquire if I can put it in a pot with water & other veg & was told OK, I would suggest checking if you're putting them in a bag without water.

I sprinkle the salt in the pot and just add water in the morning.
Pretty sure it’s ok if it’s seasoned onions..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking