Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What age to start baby food..

hindyandrafi

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 6:14 pm
Im originally from the UK where we feed our babies solids much earlier than you Yankee folk.. Im constatnly being criticised for this, as I already give my 3 month old cereal... I personally think that it helps with the gassiness and the barfing.. she seems happier and sleeps better......

What do you all do?

mommy2

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 8:39 pm
6 monthes, 5 1/2 if they're pulling the food off my plate.

proudmom

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 8:44 pm
I started feeding 2 of my kids ceral at around 3 months is because they were always hungry. they were never satisfied

baby's mom

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 9:31 pm
once they can sit by themselves and want to explore the food..at about 6 months.--but breastmilk is still their main food. they sleep better b/c it takes longer (then breastmilk) to digest so they may not wake up that often.

nicole81

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 9:56 pm
dd has her 4 month this week and the ped is going to talk about food. she sometimes still is a little wobbly with the head, so as soon as that stops we'll start her on cereal, probably within a week or two (or three!)

1stimer

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 2:01 pm
when ds was ready, (6 mths)

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:17 pm
they say 4-6 months, but a lot of people wait 6-8 months -- maybe cuz they're hoping to "nurse clean"?
I figured I'd wait until my son was "asking" for the food - which turned out about 6 months. Btw, about 1 1/2 weeks later I was no longer "nursing clean" .....
that's part of our little babies growing up. Wink

mommy2

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:21 pm
I heard of s/o who was holding back feeding their baby baby food to avoid getting pregnanttil like a yr at least Confused

mommy2

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:21 pm
I heard of s/o who was holding back feeding their baby baby food to avoid getting pregnant til like a yr at least Confused

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:55 pm
I know someone who didn't give her baby real food until then. I wonder if that's why. If you're really worried, speak to a Rov. If the kid is hungry, don't deprive him!!

hindyandrafi

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 11:01 pm
Yeah I know people who do that.. they dont want to feed their babies because they want to nurse and not get pg... I think that is so unfair!@! If they are so worried about becoming pg, they should speak to a rov and use BC instead of doing that to their babis!!!

nicole81

Post Sat, Aug 06 2005, 10:34 pm
I didn't end up waiting, I actually started my daughter on solids this morning! she really loved the cereal, and ate a ton of it. the applesauce, that's another story. she loked sooo funny, making disgusted faces at it!

klotzkashe

Post Sat, Aug 06 2005, 11:59 pm
My ped. told me -

about 6 mths for breastfed babies
about 4 mths for formula fed babies

he said it's an issue if you haven't introduced solids by about 8 or 9 months old.

I started my baby on it at 4 mths even though he was breastfed then as he was STARVING and feeding like 12 times a day!

hindyandrafi

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 12:07 am
My baby loves it too.. so far Ive given her
Oatmeal, Barley cereals
pears applesauce and sweet potatoes... she loves to stuff her fists in her mouth and mush it over her face.. My two year old, things its hilarious!!!!

1stimer

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 1:15 pm
hindyandrafi, it's funny b/c I had the opposite, my uk relatives thought I was cruel and starving my baby because I didn't start him on solids until 6 months!!!

technic

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 1:19 pm
spking as someone in the uk - he looks GREAT on it kyh Very Happy

1stimer

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 2:11 pm
technic that's only because I finally started to feed the poor neglected, starved kid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics