Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Are you addicted to your cellphone?

Are you addicted to your cellphone?
Yes  
 55%  [ 93 ]
No  
 33%  [ 56 ]
I don't use a cellphone  
 2%  [ 5 ]
I was, but I now have my usage under control  
 6%  [ 11 ]
I was, and I no longer use one  
 1%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 168

imasoftov

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 6:35 pm
do I have to ask the question a third time?

Happydance

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 6:55 pm
Yes I am! Help!
Though I think I am more addicted to zoning out...whether through reading or phone or internet etc...

icebreaker

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 6:58 pm
Honestly, yes. But with my job, I have students constantly emailing me and my addiction came from that. I start looking at my emails and then it all goes downhill from there.

cuties' mom

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 7:55 pm
I am able to honestly vote no since I don't have a smartphone. I think if the question was are you addicted to your smartphone, many of the nos would be I don't have a smartphone. My phone makes and receives calls and texts. What's there to be addicted to?

imasoftov

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 7:59 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
I am able to honestly vote no since I don't have a smartphone. I think if the question was are you addicted to your smartphone, many of the nos would be I don't have a smartphone. My phone makes and receives calls and texts. What's there to be addicted to?

That's a good point and I should have added that to the choices. I don't know what I can do now that quite a number of people have answered. I'm soliciting opinions about whether I should delete this and start again.

Motherhood

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 11:38 pm
imasoftov wrote:
That's a good point and I should have added that to the choices. I don't know what I can do now that quite a number of people have answered. I'm soliciting opinions about whether I should delete this and start again.

I agree. I was more addicted when I used to have a smartphone, though far from really addictive. I think you'd get a better picture if you restart and add smartphone to the choices

mom2six

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 3:06 am
No because I have a kosher phone that only makes and receives calls. It doesn't even text.

emunahmother

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 3:20 am
I chose I was but now it’s under control. But to be more specific Is that when my kids are home, I try very hard to keep it in another room. During the day when they are away, I do allow my self time on it but when there are things to do I try to put something on to. This way I can technically hear it if it rings but can still focus on what needs to be done with out getting stuck on it. Doesn’t always work though. I’ll admit.

salt

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 4:26 am
I voted ' I don't have a cellphone' because I assumed you meant 'are you addicted to your smart phone', so I meant 'I don't have a smart phone'
I have a kosher phone, and I'm not addicted to it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics