Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Optavia
1  2  Next

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:09 pm
Anyone have info? Too good to be true? I know it's an mom, I know it costs money. But bottom line is, I'm seeing all these pple losing weight! Does it work? Can this actually be the solitution I've been waiting for?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:38 pm
Yes it works! And it works fast!
But you need to stain on the maintenance plan if you want to keep off the weight.
It’s hard work to lose, and it’s harder to maintain.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:49 pm
How does it work? You need to eat their products? Are they kosher?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:55 pm
It's the same as medifast or Take shape for life, just under a new name.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:55 pm
amother wrote:
How does it work? You need to eat their products? Are they kosher?

Yes you need to eat their products. 5 of them per day and then 1 homemade meal that consists of Lean and green (certain amount of protein and veggies depending on what type it is).
All meal replacements are kosher except 3 I believe. Tons to choose from. Some of them are gross, some are tolerable, and some actaully enjoyable.

The average cost is about $350 per month on the meals. Keep in mind that you will be buying way less food for yourself at the grocery store.

miami85

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 11:00 pm
I have a friend who lost 100lbs and looks fantastic. She even became a health coach for them. I lost a considerable amount of weight with the Trim you spray which has a similar system (meaning putting your body into ketosis which is what burns the fat so quickly)--except you eat all your own food. I couldn't keep the weight off b/c I got pregnant during my stabilization period but I hope to do it again when I stop nursing.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
Yes you need to eat their products. 5 of them per day and then 1 homemade meal that consists of Lean and green (certain amount of protein and veggies depending on what type it is).
All meal replacements are kosher except 3 I believe. Tons to choose from. Some of them are gross, some are tolerable, and some actaully enjoyable.

The average cost is about $350 per month on the meals. Keep in mind that you will be buying way less food for yourself at the grocery store.

Does it have a hechsher or you needed to do your research to find out what's kosher?

miami85

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 11:15 pm
amother wrote:
Does it have a hechsher or you needed to do your research to find out what's kosher?

You can try looking up Shari Marks on Facebook, she can answer your questions, she's a health coach for Optavia

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 11:18 pm
Most products have either an ou-d or an ou.
I was on it with only the pareve OU products. It was boring but doable and I lost nicely.

agreer

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 11:32 pm
I know someone who ordered the food and had to send it back that day... it tasted terrible.
But they got their money back, so it's obviously a reputable company.

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 9:07 pm
What are the kosher parve options?

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 9:29 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone have info? Too good to be true? I know it's an mom, I know it costs money. But bottom line is, I'm seeing all these pple losing weight! Does it work? Can this actually be the solitution I've been waiting for?
[u]

LOL, too good to be true??? How can you describe this diet (which I believe is effective if followed properly) as Too good to be true? It essentially forces you to give up every single yummy, fatty, fried, carb food! What is great about this diet???

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 10:54 pm
I didn't lose weight on it.

I was nursing and my body refused to go into ketosis. The health coach shouldn't have signed me up but I guess she didn't know that a nursing mom shouldn't be on Optavia.

Sebastian

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 11:21 pm
amother it's an unhealthy way of eating full of processed expensive junk. As soon as you stop buying their products, all the weight comes back. It's also way too little calories that your body needs. Please try a healthier eating plan.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 7:41 am
amother wrote:
I didn't lose weight on it.

I was nursing and my body refused to go into ketosis. The health coach shouldn't have signed me up but I guess she didn't know that a nursing mom shouldn't be on Optavia.

I know this post is old, but I had to respond.

Were you on the nursing mother's plan? Bec there definitely is a way to be on Optavia while nursing, there is a specifically formulated plan for nursing mom's. Many nursing mom's lose weight beautifully on it. Also your coach should have been tweaking your plan to get you into ketosis if you weren't losing. You either gave up too fast or you should have switched to a coach who was better at tailoring the program/had nursing mom's experience.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 7:53 am
Sebastian wrote:
amother it's an unhealthy way of eating full of processed expensive junk. As soon as you stop buying their products, all the weight comes back. It's also way too little calories that your body needs. Please try a healthier eating plan.

This is not really so accurate. It sounds like your information is coming as an outsider, not an insider.
Firstly, all diet plans have a risk of regain, hut Optavia is actually one of the few (only) plans I know of where people lose large ounts of weight in relatively short time spans and keep it off long term. I know more than a dozen people who have lost between 40-150lbs who are keeping it off for 2-10 years! If you work the program, it works for you. Maintenance is hard, as it is in any pogram, but you have a way higher chance of maintaining if you stay surrounded by people in the program - through coaching, their teleconferences, social media, etc. You keep your coach even after you lost your weight, and there's no reason you can't stay involved for years.

Regarding the processed food, a lot of it is actually dehydrated forms of real food. There definitely is some level of processing going on, but a lot of them are basic wholesome ingredients. Not much different than if you buy oatmeal out of a packet, or mashed potato flakes. Either way, the processing part doesn't really bother me so much since I know the plan is actually very good for my body, as I've seen vast health improvements from eating those foods. They are very nutritionally dense. It actually reversed my PCOS symptoms....

and it does not put your body into starvation mode, it puts you into mild ketosis, and allows you to burn fat for fuel, so you are a lot more energetic than you would be eating other foods at that same low calorie amount and it's supposed to maintain your muscle mass.

Anyway, I'm not a coach or anything I have nothing to sell or gain from other amothers joining. But I think people do others a diservice by stating negative comments about the plan when they don't really have full information about it...

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 10:31 am
I'm seriously looking into it. I don't eat oud so am nervous if I'll find enough food, decent to eat.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 10:38 am
whats the kosher trim spray mentioned upthread?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 12:51 pm
Dh is on it now. He lost 5-7 lb per week so far and was on it for a month. He likes the bars and shakes which are ou-d. He doesn't want to deal with the microwavable products and returned them all. He doesn't like the pareve snacks, but eats them when fleishig. At the beginning, he kept complaining he was hungry, but now he's used to eating a bar every 2-3 hours.

sub

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 2:09 pm
amother wrote:

Pm me. My daughter and her friends are on this.
I’ll tell you what its about and then you can decide if it’s something you’re interested in. She has tried juicing and going to Nutritionists and so far this one has been the most successful
Im not a coach and I don’t get paid
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise