Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Need special shabbos menu

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 11:13 am
Going to mikvah Friday night and husband strating new job next week, so for those reasons I'd like to make extra special shabbos meal Friday night. Would love a delicious meat or chicken recipe that reheat well, as well as a nice side dish that wont dry out, and a yummy dessert not too complicated to make. Thanks !

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 11:20 am
Do you have facebook? I made a really delicious roast from Peas Love and Carrots for Channukah. It was really easy and very yummy. It had dijon mustard and red wine.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 8:12 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Do you have facebook? I made a really delicious roast from Peas Love and Carrots for Channukah. It was really easy and very yummy. It had dijon mustard and red wine.

I don't have Facebook.....any other yummy ideas?

simba

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 8:14 pm
I have a great skirt steak that I make for special Friday night, I like to serve with grilled green and whit asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes.
I would serve lemon mousse for dessert

Care for the details?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 8:35 pm
simba wrote:
I have a great skirt steak that I make for special Friday night, I like to serve with grilled green and whit asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes.
I would serve lemon mousse for dessert

Care for the details?

Yum that sound's heavenly!! I'd love the recipe. Thanks !!

Blessing1

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 8:39 pm
Flanken are absolutely delicious for Friday night meal. Veggie skewer side dish.
For dessert was apple crumble in ramekins with ice cream ontop.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 8:44 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Flanken are absolutely delicious for Friday night meal. Veggie skewer side dish.
For dessert was apple crumble in ramekins with ice cream ontop.

How do you make flanken?
What veggies go on the skewers and how do you reheat?

Blessing1

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:13 pm
Flanken: chop a bunch of onions & spread on the bottom of pan with 2-3 cloves garlic, a bit oil & spices. Rub salt & pepper on flanken. Place in pan cover tightly bake on 300 for 3 hours, check if soft, of not leave it for another 1/2 hour.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:15 pm
Veggie skewers: yellow squash, reguar squash (with peals) red pepper, yellow pepper, shallot (matter of taste). Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper. Reheat in pan on hot plate on top of another pan or an overturned pan.

tweety1

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:17 pm
mha3484 wrote:

Just as Btw, she's on Instagram too.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 10:17 pm
Chocolate molten in ramekins with vanilla ice cream for dessert. There is a excellent recipe in freshneasy. Always a hit!

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 8:23 am
amother wrote:
Chocolate molten in ramekins with vanilla ice cream for dessert. There is a excellent recipe in freshneasy. Always a hit!

But how do u warm it up for Shabbos? And get it to be the perfect consistency?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note