Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp for first time.

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Dec 30 2017, 9:41 pm
My 12 year old wants to go to camp. Problem is her classmates are not sharing where they're going. Some even announced I'm not saying where I'm going because I don't want anyone following me. She doesn't want to go herself. I'm sad for her. Is there anything I can do to help.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Dec 30 2017, 9:43 pm
amother wrote:
My 12 year old wants to go to camp. Problem is her classmates are not sharing where they're going. Some even announced I'm not saying where I'm going because I don't want anyone following me. She doesn't want to go herself. I'm sad for her. Is there anything I can do to help.

:-( it doesn't seem like any of these girls are her friends in school.. so likely wouldn't be at camp either.

tough spot. :-(

groisamomma

Post Sat, Dec 30 2017, 10:27 pm
I told my daughter last year to do the same. I wanted her to make new friends at camp, and to cultivate an identity different from the one she has in school. I strongly encourage you to choose a camp you think your daughter will do well in and send her off on her own to make new friends. (Despite my efforts, my daughter's friend found a way to follow her and while I wasn't so happy at first, DD did end up making camp friends anyway.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children