Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I want to be a L&D nurse
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 12:54 am
amother wrote:
Nobody can ALWAYS be anything. We still need l and d nurses, even if they mess up some times.

I'm sorry for your rough experience.

If you can't be nice and leave your troubles at home, or if your nature is not the caring type. Find a different job this is not for you. And never ever tell a ladie thats in labor ' oh I have kids its not so bad...bla bla' get out this job is NOT for you.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 1:02 am
[quote="amother"]Nobody can ALWAYS be anything. We still need l and d nurses, even if they mess up some times.

I'm sorry for your rough experience

Some times is BAD ENOUGH! If your gona mess up sometimes then its not the right job for you as you can see its hard to get into a job as a l&d nurse. There are plenty good ones leave the job for people that will almost never mess up!!!

To the l&d nurse that was by the delivery of my baby in beth isreal hospital 3.5 years ago. I never forgot you! You have pulled me through a trama that I cant part with. Yes you were jewish, thats why I didnt report you. Maybe I should of, to avoid others going though what YOU DID TO ME.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 8:56 am
amother wrote:
Nobody can ALWAYS be anything. We still need l and d nurses, even if they mess up some times.

Please stay away from my delivery room!

The frum nurses are the worst because you can't report them.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 9:00 am
amother wrote:

actually, you can report them. Have your support person ask to speak to their supervisor, and have your nurses switched.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 11:13 am
amother wrote:

Some are outright nasty and mean!!!!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 11:34 am
amother wrote:
There outright nasty and mean!!!!

I would like to point out to those reading this thread that believing this kind of venting about a group of Jews is not allowed by Jewish law.

ima22

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 12:48 pm
Realize this is a spin off but to respond to those with bad experiences with frum l&d nurses... please don't generalize. I had the most incredible frum nurse for my last delivery. Went way above and beyond from a hrsing standpoint as well as ensuring that I felt comfortable the entire time.

ima22

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 1:49 pm
Realize this is a spin off but to respond to those with bad experiences with frum l&d nurses... please don't generalize. I had the most incredible frum nurse for my last delivery. Went way above and beyond from a hrsing standpoint as well as ensuring that I felt comfortable the entire time.

watergirl

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 1:51 pm
amother wrote:

Why cant you report them? Learn the halachas of mesira.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:

Completely disagree with you. There is really no margin for this kind of error. This is a high stress job, and nurses need to know themselves and be honest. If they are likely to traumatize their patients, they should choose a lower risk area to work in. How someone is treated in childbirth can have lifelong emotional repercussions for women.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 3:13 pm
sorry you had such a challenging experience

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 3:20 pm
amother wrote:
Completely disagree with you. There is really no margin for this kind of error. This is a high stress job, and nurses need to know themselves and be honest. If they are likely to traumatize their patients, they should choose a lower risk area to work in. How someone is treated in childbirth can have lifelong emotional repercussions for women.

There is a large spectrum between "likely to traumatize patients" and "knowing that you will always be able to show caring, and have the right thing to say every. single. time."

I think that you took what I wrote and read it differently than I had intended it. That is okay. I just want to be as clear as I can.

Doulas are there to provide the emotional support. Nurses are there to provide medical support. Nurses are human too.

Don't think I'm immune. I haven't gone back to get any pelvic exams since my last baby 3 years ago, because of the trauma of being mistreated, when I was passing out from pain. Im still recovering. It doesn't make what the nurses and midwife did to me ok. However, it also does not mean that people should be afraid of becoming a L and D nurse, because they may say the wrong thing. These are two separate issues.

Stars

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 3:25 pm
I had an awesome experience with a frum jewish nurse in l&d. Just saying.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 3:28 pm
amother wrote:
There is a large spectrum between "likely to traumatize patients" and "knowing that you will always be able to show caring, and have the right thing to say every. single. time."

I think that you took what I wrote and read it differently than I had intended it. That is okay. I just want to be as clear as I can.

Doulas are there to provide the emotional support. Nurses are there to provide medical support. Nurses are human too.

Don't think I'm immune. I haven't gone back to get any pelvic exams since my last baby 3 years ago, because of the trauma of being mistreated, when I was passing out from pain. Im still recovering. It doesn't make what the nurses and midwife did to me ok. However, it also does not mean that people should be afraid of becoming a L and D nurse, because they may say the wrong thing. These are two separate issues.

Who is taking about saying the wrong thing??? If your are going to be outright nasty, mean and uncaring then you DO NOT BELONG ON THE LABOR FLOOR!!!! Know your carring an achurus on your shoulders!

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 3:33 pm
Stars wrote:
I had an awesome experience with a frum jewish nurse in l&d. Just saying.

That's great, she's in the right field for herself.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 3:36 pm
amother wrote:
Who is taking about saying the wrong thing??? If your are going to be outright nasty, mean and uncaring then you DO NOT BELONG ON THE LABOR FLOOR!!!! Know your carring an achurus on your shoulders!

People mean well and say the wrong thing all the time. Different things can be triggering said even to the same person, in different contexts.

I wasn't there. I'm not judging.

You have a right to be angry, hurt, etc.
My views should not take away from you in any way.

I'm just letting op know that, despite some horrible experiences that people have had in labor, she can still go into l and d, even if she may mess up one day. If she wants to be in l and d, I'm sure she is not going into it to yell at people who are in such a vulnerable state.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 3:42 pm
amother wrote:
People mean well and say the wrong thing all the time. Different things can be triggering said even to the same person, in different contexts.

I wasn't there. I'm not judging.

You have a right to be angry, hurt, etc.
My views should not take away from you in any way.

I'm just letting op know that, despite some horrible experiences that people have had chalal bor, she can still go into l and d, even if she may mess up one day. If she wants to be in l and d, I'm sure she is not going into it to yell at people who are in such a vulnerable state.

My post wasn't only for op but for all that are thinking of getting into l&d. Its very sad that someone would think of going into l&d thinking big deal what if I mess up sometimes!!! As a l&d nurse your never aloud to mess up ever!! If it does happen once you should learn from your mistake, and make sure its nevet happens again. What a chalal hashem it was for the doctor to witness this.

kb

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 3:43 pm
Trying to think of which medical ward you think a mean, nasty nurse belongs. :/

I have had some dealings in various hospital wards, and I can't think of a single time that I would have been able to handle an uncaring nurse.

If you are going into a profession that deals with people, please make sure you can do it well.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 4:00 pm
kb wrote:

I have had some dealings in various hospital wards, and I can't think of a single time that I would have been able to handle an uncaring nurse.

If you are going into a profession that deals with people, please make sure you can do it well.

Your right! They shouldn't be a nurse at all.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 4:21 pm
kb wrote:

I think this is more about how many patients are assigned to each nurse, than anything else. Nobody goes into helping professions like healthcare to be nasty to people.

Sometimes, nurses can end up being nasty after having been working so hard for 10 hours straight with no breaks.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics