Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kashering Large Metal Trays

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 10:57 am
I have a few very large serving trays of unknown providence that are apparently silver plated and need to be kashered. I don't have a pot anywhere near large enough. I have in the past done large items in the oven, although they don't require libun, but I am afraid these will be ruined. Where can I take these to do hagalah? There must be a place...?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 11:14 am
I don't have an answer to your question exactly - but I have silver platters and am having trouble imaging serving anything hot on them (unless that thing was contained in another container on top of the platter). Perhaps there is room for some leniency?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 12:03 pm
Why do they need to be kashered and not toiveled?

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 12:47 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Why do they need to be kashered and not toiveled?

I bought them used, and the previous owner presumably used then for who knows what -- so I assumed they would be presumed not kosher. But as the previous poster suggested, there might be room for leniency since it is unlikely that anything "hot" was ever served directly on the trays. I'll have to check. Thank you:)

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 12:54 pm
Before Pesach lots of shul have huge hagalah pots. If you can wait until then, it's an easy solution.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 4:17 am
The rabbi who you ask if you need to kasher them might also be able to either explain how to kasher them if you don't have a big enough pot or put you in touch with someone who does have something large enough,

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 8:25 am
If you live in a large community I believe they might have koshering services on Erev Shabbat Mevarchim.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen