Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Strangest thing that I found while organizing
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:27 pm
amother wrote:
And, southernbubby and Jewishfoodie, this thread DID make me smile, and bring back memories! So keep at it! Oh! And RC cola! And that song, plop, plop, fizz fizz! My kids think I lived in the dark ages!

Alka Seltzer!!!!

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:30 pm
amother wrote:
Do u remember the prizes in Cracker Jack's? I made my parents crazy! I would get a stupid magnifying glass and I was the happiest kid in the world!

as well as little plastic animals known as Rat Finks

These were a dime when I was a kid and now someone wants $10 for it:
https://www.ebay.com/i/132429292578?chn=ps

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:32 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
And the glass yartzeit lecht that became drinking glasses! Lol! And the sewing box made out of a repurposed cigar box..

We still use glass yahrzeit lights, but repurposing it as a drinking glass? No thanks. I'll stick to jelly jars.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:33 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Alka Seltzer!!!!

Even better ....

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:35 pm
amother wrote:
And, southernbubby and Jewishfoodie, this thread DID make me smile, and bring back memories! So keep at it! Oh! And RC cola! And that song, plop, plop, fizz fizz! My kids think I lived in the dark ages!

There ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:38 pm
But this ad used to make me cry and I still sing it to my grandbabies:

Last edited by southernbubby on Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:40 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Because that's what you are. The fact that you can sing the oldies just means you have an appreciation for good music.

Think about this.

The first rap song was Rapper's Delight, released in 1979. (Some people would say rap started before that, but stick with me here.) If you were 16 in 1979, you'd be 54 or 55 now. If it hasn't happened yet, it will. The hip hop oldies station. "The rap you grew up with . W-O-L-D, Rap 98.5"

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:43 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Think about this.

The first rap song was Rapper's Delight, released in 1979. (Some people would say rap started before that, but stick with me here.) If you were 16 in 1979, you'd be 54 or 55 now. If it hasn't happened yet, it will. The hip hop oldies station. "The rap you grew up with . W-O-L-D, Rap 98.5"

My oldest grandchildren are early teens or about to enter teens and I was in a store with one of them and some song that I knew as a teen started playing on the store's speakers and I started to sing it and the kid looked at me like......

rgr

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:49 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
What makes it even better is that sometimes I get to read a public thread that's lighthearted, humorous, engaging, and doesn't involve suicide, homosexuality, and homicidal husbands. There's also this awesome thing on IMAMOTHER that when a thread doesn't interest you, you can ignore it. I for one, enjoy SouthernBubby and if even one person smiled at her posts or responses to it, it was a post worth seeing. But if you'd like me to shut up, I will do that, to make you happy. Salut

I was joking cuz it seemed like a 2 person conversation, off the topic of the thread title. Hope no offense was taken, and if it was, I apologize.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 1:16 pm
rgr wrote:
I was joking cuz it seemed like a 2 person conversation, off the topic of the thread title. Hope no offense was taken, and if it was, I apologize.

No offense taken!this is all in good fun!

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 1:21 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
No offense taken!this is all in good fun!

I would rather laugh that argue any day Very Happy

And you never know what you might find, when you organize those cabinets.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 1:25 pm
Could we still agree you're young? That would make me happy

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 1:28 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Could we still agree you're young? That would make me happy

Oh yes, as long as being young does not obligate me to get a pedicure and show my bunions to a room full of people.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 2:59 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
And the glass yartzeit lecht that became drinking glasses! Lol! And the sewing box made out of a repurposed cigar box..

that's because they were like juice glasses - similar to this

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 3:02 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Oh yes, as long as being young does not obligate me to get a pedicure and show my bunions to a room full of people.

I'll even let u subscribe to the large print version of Better Homes & Gardens.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 4:13 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Think about this.

I'm 52, and I remember very well when that song came out. I also liked "Rapture" by Blondie.

Back on track, the weirdest thing I ever found when cleaning up, was under my wardrobe. About two dozen petrified sandwiches, each with one bite taken out of them. Apparently, when DD was little, she would hide the sandwiches under there, and then claim she was ready for dessert! Little stinker. LOL

And this, my friends, is why we annul our chametz!

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 4:21 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:

I’m 35 and even I remember the yartzeit glasses that became drinking glasses

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 4:36 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
I'll even let u subscribe to the large print version of Better Homes & Gardens.

I can't believe that there is still a magazine with the name Good Housekeeping. I was just in the dentists office and read Good Housekeeping and wonder why anyone in today's world would want to read a magazine with a title like that!

InnerMe

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 4:50 pm
This thread is soo super fun! Southern Bubby & Jewish foodie you rock!!!
I am waay younger (Don't worry I won't dear call myself a Bubby even if I have bunions.) so these stuff took place before I was born, but still loving this thread!!!!! Keep at it!

And Jewish Foodie- Was that a joke about you being 63+48? Because if not I've got to really watch my words. A bubby as old and wise as that deserves my complete and utter respect.

No need to bother answering my nosy questions... LOL

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 4:55 pm
InnerMe wrote:
This thread is soo super fun! Southern Bubby & Jewish foodie you rock!!!
I am waay younger (Don't worry I won't dear call myself a Bubby even if I have bunions.) so these stuff took place before I was born, but still loving this thread!!!!! Keep at it!

And Jewish Foodie- Was that a joke about you being 63+48? Because if not I've got to really watch my words. A bubby as old and wise as that deserves my complete and utter respect.

No need to bother answering my nosy questions... LOL

Did I ever tell you I was good at math? As I read on a really cute thread right on Ima.. There are 3 kinds of people in this world:those who can count and those who cannot. Guess which one I am? Confused Tongue Out It wasnt me
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics