Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Which stores will occupy the empty stores on 13th ave, BP?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

simba

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 8:57 am
Kids shoes ( the guy who used to be in the now Little Loungers) is opening in former Hot Bagels and Elite Sterling is moving across to the former Shefa.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 9:15 am
rikki 1 wrote:
My aunt worked in ABC Discount until she passed away last year. I loved browsing the store.

That's where my mother would buy us everything for camp!!! Wow! Forgot about that store.
I moved out of BP 18 yrs ago and have barely gone back.
It seems like it's a complete different situation than it was in my days.
I think that my wedding was the last chasunah that took place in the "old Armon Terrace before they redid it " when they still had pink floral wall paper and pink moldings. Now it doesn't exist at all. That's where we also had our Bais Yakov Chanukah chagigas and our 12th grade graduation. Where does the time go?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:55 am
What else is closing? Opening?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:
12th and 50th. this very old lady (we kids claimed she was at least 100 years old! LOL) sold childrens clothing for very cheap. Most of her stuff hanging outside.

Her name, I believe, was Mrs. Kirshenbaum. She had samples outside and tons and tons inside. No one but her could go inside though. She brought out loads of stuff. We took it home, tried them on and returned the items we weren't buying. I don't know how she knew where everything was in there.

Purple2

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 6:36 pm
I remember that old lady with the clothes outside.
Whispers and whimsies was pure heaven. I never understood why they closed down? Everyone bought their gifts there.
G & sons is what childhood memories are made of. It wasn’t back to school without a trip there. How about sukkos decorations? It was a Yom tov there.
Loved Nosheria ( and Kosher delight)!
Who remembers Braudes? Bought my best Shabbos clothing there and wonderland.
Does Katz still sell fabric along with dress designs?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 7:18 pm
Braude's was on 18th.

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 8:14 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Braude's was on 18th.

No way. It was around where Peppermill is now, on 16th.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 8:19 pm
rikki 1 wrote:
My aunt worked in ABC Discount until she passed away last year. I loved browsing the store.

She was my first cousin. Oh how I loved RG (I never went to the store, but she was Gitzkeit and Aidelkeit personified)! Always smiling, no matter what. A true inspiration!

I just noticed this post about her now.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 8:19 pm
Mevater wrote:
No way. It was around where Peppermill is now, on 16th.

Huh? I remember a beautiful storefront on 18th and around 54th.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 8:31 pm
Spring bakery opened up & sesame bakery opened up

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 8:43 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Huh? I remember a beautiful storefront on 18th and around 54th.

Does anyone else remember a Braude's on 18th? I clearly remember 16th.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 8:50 pm
Mevater wrote:
Does anyone else remember a Braude's on 18th? I clearly remember 16th.

I'm wondering the same. Is it just me? We should do a poll! Wink

sleepless

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 8:57 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I'm wondering the same. Is it just me? We should do a poll! Wink

It used to be on 16th and then moved to 18th Ave where Dr. Diamond’s office is now

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:00 pm
sleepless wrote:
It used to be on 16th and then moved to 18th Ave where Dr. Diamond’s office is now

Yes! That's exactly the location I recall. I guess I only remember the latter location. I figured they either must've moved, or my brain is tricking me.

Purple2

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:07 pm
Oh! I’m just remembering old bp stores, not just 13 ave. Whispers and whimsies was also 16 avenue.
Remember the old Mendel sons before it was redone? Mr. Mendelson greeting everyone. He used to even give my mother recipes on our weekly Thursday night outing.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:10 pm
camp wrote:
Oh! I’m just remembering old bp stores, not just 13 ave. Whispers and whimsies was also 16 avenue.
Remember the old Mendel sons before it was redone? Mr. Mendelson greeting everyone. He used to even give my mother recipes on our weekly Thursday night outing.

He unfortunately recently passed away suddenly. He was only 65.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:14 pm
Actually whispers and whimsies was where sprinkles the ice cream store was after it moved. It was amazing for us because we didn’t have to find parking and go with my mother to 16. I could walk there myself even as an elementary school girl

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 11:16 pm
It's funny I just started reading this thread, yonasan Schwartz bought eichlers.

He sold it already since

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 12:38 am
Its amazing!

How many Danishes do the bakeries have to sell a day, to be able to pay for staff, supplies, machinery, ingredients, bags, and $4,000 rent and be left with enough of a profit to stay in business? (Although the Bagel Store seems to be dong well).

Its not like a silver store or jewelry store or furniture store, marking up at least 100% (I worked in one of those). It has to be a huuuge quantity of danishes, to get anywhere near the costs of running a store these days.

mommyloves

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 1:01 am
Speaking of nosheria, does anyone remember their fried chicken and heavenly egg drop soup? My husband still talks about it years later!!
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries