Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Which stores will occupy the empty stores on 13th ave, BP?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
Just remembered some more...
China Glatt, Nosheria, Shoe Arcade, U Name It, Whispers 'n Whimsies, Mannies

I used to spend all my babysitting money at Whispers 'n Whimsies! Loved that place.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:
what store is nannies? dont remember that at all.

Mannies- ladies/girls clothing in a basement on 52 between 15-16. Basicly skirts and tops

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:38 pm
amother wrote:
Ok, do you remember the Shmatte Lady?! (you said you couldnt afford wonderland so....)

We shopped by the Shmatte Lady, those were the days. I was just telling my kids about Whispers N Whimsies the other day. Such good memories.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:39 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I used to spend all my babysitting money at Whispers 'n Whimsies! Loved that place.

We used to love to watch the lady personalize all the stuff. After watching a couple of times, I got the knack, bought a few of those markers and personalized all mine and my sisters stuff.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:46 pm
amother wrote:
what store is nannies? dont remember that at all.

Corrected it to say mannies. It was on 52nd street in a basement. They sold ladies and teen clothing.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:47 pm
amother wrote:
I still remember when they had a woolworth on 13th

woolworth was ages and ages ago. I wonder if I googled it would even come up. oy it was probably there when telco was around

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:50 pm
anyone remember flohrs judaica? the old lady and the son? they were the nicest people. I was so sad when they closed. it was like an era has closed and a new one is starting. I used to love browsing their stuff and it was fun to just hang around. can you tell I have memories. I was really young. so I wasnt really shopping. ok I was married too and remember them.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:53 pm
I just googled wooworth. this is interesting that woolworth turned into footlocker we know today. wow how things have evolved.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:14 pm
happy12 wrote:
Linicks has a great selection of sporting goods for those of us who let our children play sports.

They also rented videos!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:15 pm
amother wrote:
We used to love to watch the lady personalize all the stuff. After watching a couple of times, I got the knack, bought a few of those markers and personalized all mine and my sisters stuff.

Her name was Connie I think. T'was my favorite store. Oy, I'm old....

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:16 pm
What about shoe archade? You were able to sit in some archade while your mama waited for your turn.

isrmss91

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:27 pm
amother wrote:
anyone remember flohrs judaica? the old lady and the son? they were the nicest people. I was so sad when they closed. it was like an era has closed and a new one is starting. I used to love browsing their stuff and it was fun to just hang around. can you tell I have memories. I was really young. so I wasnt really shopping. ok I was married too and remember them.

Didn't the son open Impressions on Coney Island Ave in Flatbush?

isrmss91

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:29 pm
Who remembers Pergament, the big hardware store near 13th somewhere in the upper thirties? Then it became Bergament or something of a variety store.? What is there now?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:57 pm
amother wrote:
abc discount is on 15th corner 42nd street. a type of store that will always be open. he sells stuff you never know what. most of his stuff is in the back. they say hes a millionaire. but quiet and unasssuming.

I buy my daughter's school tights there. They're a little cheaper than the other BP sock stores. Also, they have a nice selection of censored English books.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:01 pm
flowerpower wrote:
They also rented videos!

OMG, I totally forgot about that. I'm almost sure we rented Shirley Temple videos from them.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:14 pm
amother wrote:
I buy my daughter's school tights there. They're a little cheaper than the other BP sock stores. Also, they have a nice selection of censored English books.

Thanks for the reminder about the books! Haven't been in there in decades.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:15 pm
isrmss91 wrote:
Who remembers Pergament, the big hardware store near 13th somewhere in the upper thirties? Then it became Bergament or something of a variety store.? What is there now?

Big construction project being built there.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:17 pm
amother wrote:
We shopped by the Shmatte Lady, those were the days. I was just telling my kids about Whispers N Whimsies the other day. Such good memories.

What store was the shmatte lady?

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:18 pm
I have nothing to contribute to this discussion, except how amusing I find it that almost every poster feels the need to be anonymous, as if giving away that she once bought shoes or dry goods on 13th Avenue once upon a time will immediately give away her identity.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:19 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Thanks for the reminder about the books! Haven't been in there in decades.

Double Play, has a nice selection in the basement of the store.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries