Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Which stores will occupy the empty stores on 13th ave, BP?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:20 pm
amother wrote:
Double Play, has a nice selection in the basement of the store.

Good to know, thanks!

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:35 pm
ra_mom wrote:
What store was the shmatte lady?

12th and 50th. this very old lady (we kids claimed she was at least 100 years old! LOL) sold childrens clothing for very cheap. Most of her stuff hanging outside.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:36 pm
amother wrote:
12th and 50th. this very old lady (we kids claimed she was at least 100 years old! LOL) sold childrens clothing for very cheap. Most of her stuff hanging outside.

Nice. Never heard of the place. Similar to the place on 44 and 13 now?

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:51 pm
Pinpoint on new Utrecht!

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 12:29 am
You ladies are making me feel so old! I am not even alive three decades and I remember many of these stores. I remember shopping at National Wholesale Liquidators on New Utrecht as a kid and then as young married I when it became Albert & sons I went out of nostalgia. Now there are no such stores left :(Also on New Utrecht was Armon Terrace we used to go to the zichron Shlomo party there).

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 12:39 am
amother wrote:
You ladies are making me feel so old! I am not even alive three decades and I remember many of these stores. I remember shopping at National Wholesale Liquidators on New Utrecht as a kid and then as young married I when it became Albert & sons I went out of nostalgia. Now there are no such stores left :(Also on New Utrecht was Armon Terrace we used to go to the zichron Shlomo party there).

Here's an opportunity to feel younger. before it was national wholesale liquidators, it was possibly most nostalgic institution in BP (at least in my child's eye view): G & Sons!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 12:51 am
M&H cosmetics, (Maaaan, for a makeup store, it was huge! Crowns, Mrs Rubashkin feeding the hungry... Tuv Taam, and a Burger joint on 50th and 13th for like, a few months. Kosher Castle, Zemels Grocery and Walbaums where Rite aid is. I remember the white haired store manager of Walbaums was found dead in the freezer there. I was always terrified after that.. Heymans Pharmacy, whispers n whimsies, found one of their bags while cleaning, with a brand new birthday card I had never sent out.. Ahhhh.. Memories.. Some kind of leather pocketbook store on 13th and 51st..

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 1:18 am
amother wrote:
I still remember when they had a woolworth on 13th

I loooooved Woolworths. You must be my age.

Do you remember in the 1960s on the corner of 46/13 there was Gloria Shoppe that sold costume jewelry, and a few stores down was a hat shop because in the early 1960s many women wore hats not sheitels. Very few Chassidim in BP then. Anyone remember the name of that hat store? Was it Cohens Millinery? A few blocks lower on 13 there was Becky Shoppe for hats I think. Also what about Diva hosiery on 46/13?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 1:34 am
amother wrote:
I loooooved Woolworths. You must be my age.

Do you remember in the 1960s on the corner of 46/13 there was Gloria Shoppe that sold costume jewelry, and a few stores down was a hat shop because in the early 1960s many women wore hats not sheitels. Very few Chassidim in BP then. Anyone remember the name of that hat store? Was it Cohens Millinery? A few blocks lower on 13 there was Becky Shoppe for hats I think. Also what about Diva hosiery on 46/13?

You're really old! Tongue Out I thought I was the oldest on this thread, I was born early '70s.
But I also remember woolworths, Pashkesz, Trainers Studio, Barrys Studio

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 9:59 am
If the rents don't go down more and more stores will be forced to close. Many people that own the buildings get more rent than they can earn

sweet

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 12:26 pm
I can't believe nobody mentioned Nosheria, (was that the name?)we used to go every year before pesach, it was such a treat.
And I grew up near Hymans pharmacy before it became Sylvias.
And Semels grocery, . M&H cosmetics, Duane reade,
I remember how exciting it was when Rite aid opened up on 13th ave.!

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 12:45 pm
13 av low 40's
Buster brown shoes, yarn store , jerod bagels , flea market where gourmet glatt is now, bayridge bank 😆
Focus camera , famous restaraunt, ach tov , bergers deli , siebrow cleaners, lanes, donut man ,
Did woolworth change to martin paint? 🤔

rikki 1

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 1:01 pm
My aunt worked in ABC Discount until she passed away last year. I loved browsing the store.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 12:18 am
amother wrote:
Wonderland closed quite a few months ago.

Toys 2 discover was supposed to go there but he bought eichlers instead.

Tweety- yes they closed this week!
What an end to an era!

Eichlers on 13th is closing?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 12:28 am
amother wrote:
Eichlers on 13th is closing?

No, but Yonasan Schwartz (who owns toys2discover) bought it off and called it the New Eichlers.

overworked

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 12:54 am
I’m surprised nobody mentioned that 13th &14th ave was a 2 way wow Imagine in today’s generation how the traffic would have been if it wasn’t changed

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 2:15 am
amother wrote:
No, but Yonasan Schwartz (who owns toys2discover) bought it off and called it the New Eichlers.

I also thought so. But it's not the case. It now belongs to Piller somebody the guy who owns lots of 13 ave stores. I just heard that last week from an accurate source. They bought in toys to discover to help set up the store or something to that effect but he doesn't own it and doesnt work there anymore.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 7:52 am
amother wrote:
I also thought so. But it's not the case. It now belongs to Piller somebody the guy who owns lots of 13 ave stores. I just heard that last week from an accurate source. They bought in toys to discover to help set up the store or something to that effect but he doesn't own it and doesnt work there anymore.

Piller owns the building- not the business.
Two people that I know bought the actual business and hired Schwartz to set up and run the store.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 8:10 am
I was told that Nature Walk sold the building to Bank of America. They were offered so much money that it was worthwhile to close and sell.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 8:12 am
Amazing Savings is coming to the former G & Sons location.
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries