Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you know of

gila-rina

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 6:40 pm
A candy cane with a heimishe hechsher?
If you live in Boropark, would you allow your kids eat candy canes with OU? Thank you!

happy12

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 8:39 pm
I would definitely allow my children to eat candy canes with ou. Who do you think all heimishe hasgachod rely on to do their research of ingredients. They just send down a mashgiach to watch there special run so the can add their sticker to the package and charge 30% more.

gila-rina

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 8:45 pm
Thanks, happy 12. I have no problem with OU, but want to make sure others will be ok with it if I give it to their kids.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 8:49 pm
gila-rina wrote:
Thanks, happy 12. I have no problem with OU, but want to make sure others will be ok with it if I give it to their kids.

I would not give other peoples kids OU hproducts before asking. I experienced embarrassing moments where I'd given kids OU candy and the kids came back that their mothers didn't let because it wasn't a good hechsher . I always give other people's kids nosh with heimish hechsherim for this reason. Same thing with school siyums or if I make food for a dinner or event , I will always use heimish hechsherim only even though our family eats OU.

gila-rina

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 9:05 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I would not give other peoples kids OU hproducts before asking. I experienced embarrassing moments where I'd given kids OU candy and the kids came back that their mothers didn't let because it wasn't a good hechsher . I always give other people's kids nosh with heimish hechsherim for this reason. Same thing with school siyums or if I make food for a dinner or event , I will always use heimish hechsherim only even though our family eats OU.

Right, I usually go for the " safe" mode, that's why I'm ideally looking for those candy canes with " Yiddishe oisios" Smile. I checked out oh nuts and yossi's sweet house websites and they both sell candy canes with OU. I'm here looking for imamother network support Smile

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 9:11 pm
gila-rina wrote:

Not everyone would be ok with it. There is a nice big percentage of chassidim who would not eat without a heimishe hechsher.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 9:16 pm
gila-rina wrote:
Right, I usually go for the " safe" mode, that's why I'm ideally looking for those candy canes with " Yiddishe oisios" Smile. I checked out oh nuts and yossi's sweet house websites and they both sell candy canes with OU. I'm here looking for imamother network support Smile

Do you want specifically with the round 'handle' top? Because oh nuts does have the straight sticks with a hechsher.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 9:26 pm
I wouldn't give other kids food with an OU. As mentioned, oh nuts sells straight candy canes with a hechsher.

gila-rina

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 9:51 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I wouldn't give other kids food with an OU. As mentioned, oh nuts sells straight candy canes with a hechsher.

I will settle if I must, but ideally need the handle too. Should I assume that the thing I'm looking for is non-existent?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen