Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Are you a Xennial?
Previous  1  2

DVOM

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 6:04 am
Early eighties here... great article, I can so relate!

DVOM

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 6:05 am
slushiemom wrote:
I'm also 85 Smile Did you play Oregon Trail in elementary school? Thanks so much for the feedback!

yes, and a math game called "lemonade stand"....

tryinghard

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 10:03 am
slushiemom wrote:
I'm also 85 Smile Did you play Oregon Trail in elementary school? Thanks so much for the feedback!

Totally!

I remember there was a certain "coolness" to how many IMs you had going at once, because if so many people wanted to talk to you, you must me super popular...

watergirl

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 10:08 am
tryinghard wrote:
Totally!

I remember there was a certain "coolness" to how many IMs you had going at once, because if so many people wanted to talk to you, you must me super popular...

And how many people you had on your buddy list.

sneakermom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 10:39 am
Loved the article!

slushiemom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 11:59 am
Thanks everyone! I gotta say, it's been super refreshing to post something that NO ONE got offended about! Smile

I've been getting such positive and fun feedback, it's been really enjoyable!

mommyla

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 12:12 pm
slushiemom wrote:
I only did that at my friend's houses, I was too closely monitored in my own Yes it was so much fun tho, and still super innocent.

Same, except my parents didn't let me have an AOL account!

I didn't play Oregon Trail but we had a different game, I can never remember what it was called. It was some sort of biking or skating (both?) game on the beach. Remember JetPack and SkiFree? And the standard pinball that came with later computers?

I laughed at the free nights and weekends and the research reports at the library. And the switch from flip phones and digital cameras to smartphones between kids #1 and 3.

My kids think I'm from another century (technically, I guess they're right). My son was once talking about an "old-fashioned phone" and I was wondering where on earth he saw a rotary phone until he explained that it had "like a wire connecting the part on the wall with the part that you talk on." Oy vey.

slushiemom

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 2:36 am
mommyla wrote:
Same, except my parents didn't let me have an AOL account!

I didn't play Oregon Trail but we had a different game, I can never remember what it was called. It was some sort of biking or skating (both?) game on the beach. Remember JetPack and SkiFree? And the standard pinball that came with later computers?

I laughed at the free nights and weekends and the research reports at the library. And the switch from flip phones and digital cameras to smartphones between kids #1 and 3.

My kids think I'm from another century (technically, I guess they're right). My son was once talking about an "old-fashioned phone" and I was wondering where on earth he saw a rotary phone until he explained that it had "like a wire connecting the part on the wall with the part that you talk on." Oy vey.

I just told my 10 year old about film cameras, I realized he had no way of knowing those existed! he was super confused.

This is such a crazy interesting broad topic that impacts everything we do, especially how we parent. I'm thinking of different ways to explore this whole concept on a deeper level.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links