Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Anyone doing weight watchers now?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:36 pm
I just started this new freestyle program. Have some questions.... anyone doing it now?

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:52 pm
I just started so I am no expert... but I love their website. Use the connect feature and ask the expert to get your questions answered.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 11:29 pm
I am. What's your concern?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 7:52 am
I have not downloaded the app yet so I'm at a disadvantage.

Can I have unlimited eggs,tuna on the new plan?

If I am mixing a few veggies with tuna and eggs is the whole thing 0 points?

Which turkey roll slices are zero points?

Please tell me what you eat on shabbos!

Thanks!

real

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 8:41 am
I am on it. You have to download the app because it is soo much easier. Not all veggies are free, some have points- like avocado, certain corn and some others.
You can eat as much tuna as you want. I looked up shabbos food before shabbos so I knew how many points things were. Challah is 3 points a piece, cholent is 5 points,. The app has everything!

Turkey bacon from Empire is 1 point per piece. Chicken cutlets without breading is 0 points. Eggs you can have as many as you want. You also have weekly points so I use like 10 extra points for shabbos freebees

real

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 8:42 am
I went around trader joes and costco scanning all the food I wanted to eat and bought what I thought I can handle(point wise)

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 4:24 pm
I looked up in the app the carvel drink I use to buy. It was soo good. It is 79 points! that means I can't eat for over three days if I want to drink it!

Raisin

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 4:45 pm
turkey breast, chicken breast, ground chicken and turkey breast, eggs, fish, (even salmon) lentils, beans, chickpeas, tofu, peas, edamame, skim milk, non fat yogurt and greek yogurt are all free.

My prob with tuna is I need to mix it with mayo to taste good...what do you guys use?

For shabbos I save all my weekly points and exercise points and don't really count so far but I really should. embarrassed I'm losing but not more then a pound a week. I need to make myself one of those bracelets to count points on shabbos.

But, if you wanted a "free" shabbos meal you could have: chummus made without techina or oil - other dips too. (make some veg sticks to dip in the chummus and dips) salmon. Salad. Chicken soup. chicken breast without skin. roast veggies. green beans. Baked apples for dessert.

lunch - bean and chicken cholent. canned corn. salmon. dips. salad.

ww really wants you to splurge once a week so you don't feel constantly deprived so don't feel bad using all your weekly points up. You are meant too! Unless you have some other occasion that week you want to splurge at. .

I really like the new plan way more then before. But I love eggs, and like beans and fish.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 4:59 pm
amother wrote:
I looked up in the app the carvel drink I use to buy. It was soo good. It is 79 points! that means I can't eat for over three days if I want to drink it!

Well, you could have some of it.

And hence my continuing issue with WW. There are plenty of diets that tell you eat this, don't eat that. And they're great if that's what you want. WW has always touted itself as an eating plan where there are no foods that are off limits, although you need to limit quantity and frequency. Then the last couple of plans changed that, without changing their spiel. The drink is 79 points. Even on maintenance, its a "never." But even a piece of cake -- something that most people will have at some point or another -- became something like 25 points. It wasn't teaching you to eat in moderation, it was teaching you not to eat it. Which is fine if you're the kind of person who won't eat it. I'm not.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 7:22 pm
Raisin, turkey breast is 0 points??? Is that the same as turkey roll slices? Which company turkey slices do you use?

How many points in gefilte fish - small slice from roll? I cook mine with a !of of sugar.

Kugel made with little oil?

I miss the 49 weekly points!! I barely have any left by shabbos since now the weekly is only 26 points!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 7:32 pm
amother wrote:
Well, you could have some of it.

And hence my continuing issue with WW. There are plenty of diets that tell you eat this, don't eat that. And they're great if that's what you want. WW has always touted itself as an eating plan where there are no foods that are off limits, although you need to limit quantity and frequency. Then the last couple of plans changed that, without changing their spiel. The drink is 79 points. Even on maintenance, its a "never." But even a piece of cake -- something that most people will have at some point or another -- became something like 25 points. It wasn't teaching you to eat in moderation, it was teaching you not to eat it. Which is fine if you're the kind of person who won't eat it. I'm not.

You're wrong. Most things aren't 79 points or even 25. If its something you like so much, eat half of it and use your weekly points. Most cakes would be between 5-10 points. If you are eating cake for 25 points on a regular basis ... well, eventually you will look like a cake and feel bad about yourself.

I think ww is like managing your money. If you have $100 in the bank you will not go on a shopping spree and buy $500 worth of clothing! You will look for the best sale items that will look good on you and try not to spend more than $ 50. It doesn't mean you can't shop if you have $100. It means shop but in moderation. When it comes to food, make the right choices so you won't feel hungry and still have points left for later.

real

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 7:49 pm
fat free yogurt isn't free because I scanned like all the jewish brands and they have tons of points. Only plain fat free are zero points. Also it's funny you should say mayonnaise is your problem, because it was mine time. 6 points for two tablespoons! I looked up and say Shoprite light mayonnaise is only 1 point so I got that. I B'H lost 3 pounds last week. My problem is that I sometimes want cookies. but today I scanned and saw 1 oreo is 2 points- which isn't bad.

real

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 7:50 pm
I only get 23 points a day- which I used the first day for breakfast! and 35 weekly points.
Kosher turkey breast slices aren't free so you need to scan them. They are mostly around 1 point each- which adds up if you don't count them

agreer

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 7:56 pm
amother wrote:

That's not true. You could easily drink it on Sunday and live off of eggs, fish, white meat chicken/turkey, beans/ fruits and veggies through Wednesday. It's probably what "normal"/balanced eaters do in the real world.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 8:45 pm
Fat free yogurt has no fat, not no points!! It has lots of sugar! Only plain Greek yogurt is zero points but that is not my kind of thing.

Light mayo is 3 points in 2 tbls - only get the light.

BTW, I think this thread is very helpful. Let's keep it going with ideas, tips.
Good luck to everyone!

real

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 9:27 pm
check out shoprite light mayo- it is 1 point for 1 tbsp

real

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 9:28 pm
I can't eat half the stuff you mentioned because I have a sensitive stomach. So no Carvel, but I am ok with that. How much would you say pizza store pizza is?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 11:01 pm
real wrote:
I can't eat half the stuff you mentioned because I have a sensitive stomach. So no Carvel, but I am ok with that. How much would you say pizza store pizza is?

It’s 10 points for a slice of an 18” pie

real

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 11:11 pm
thanks!

I bought my kids pizza and I am debating if I should eat it or not. I always have the pie cut in 16 slices so half a slice would be 5- like the same as a pizza bagel

Raisin

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 5:50 am
amother wrote:
Raisin, turkey breast is 0 points??? Is that the same as turkey roll slices? Which company turkey slices do you use?

How many points in gefilte fish - small slice from roll? I cook mine with a !of of sugar.

Kugel made with little oil?

I miss the 49 weekly points!! I barely have any left by shabbos since now the weekly is only 26 points!

I don't buy turkey slices. Raw turkey breast that you cook yourself. I don't love turkey or chicken breast so I rarely eat it...I prefer fish, lentils or eggs. I get ground turkey or chicken and make meatballs or meat sauce. Sometimes I mix with lean beef so its a bit tastier but lower in points then 100% beef.

For gefilta fish I guess you have to work out the points in the matza meal and sugar. I think I saw somewhere it is 2 points a slice. You could make salmon or whole white fish instead which is no points.

I'm not a big kugel fan but I guess you could make butternut squash or cauliflower or something. Go for savoury rather then sweet.

Don't forget to add in your exercise points...even if you walk ten minutes to the store or to pick up kids from school it adds up.

I don't like light mayo also I live OOT and all the light mayo here is chalav stam which I don't eat. Sad
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise