Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Anyone doing weight watchers now?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 7:53 am
So at the last weight watchers meeting they were taking about a 3 point chocolate muffin. It sounded so good to go with my coffee, low points and easy to make. All you need is a chocolate brownie cake mix and a can of pumpkin purée. The pumpkin is 0 points so the points are only for the brownie mix. I scooped out 15 muffins and while they baked I calculated the points with the weight watchers recipe app. Divided it by 15 and.... it came out to 6.5 points!!! Even if I got 24 muffins it would have been 4.5 Points. I used Duncan Heinz but I guess there’s a brand out there that’s lower sugar, carb ... oh well... not sure what to do with the muffins now

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:34 am
Raisin try mixing tuna with mustard. My colleague did it and I thought gross but she had me taste it and it was surprisingly good.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:41 am
Is there a listing of what's free so I can decide if this is a plan I'd like to sign up for?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
Raisin try mixing tuna with mustard. My colleague did it and I thought gross but she had me taste it and it was surprisingly good.

Mustards a good idea. I heard about using plain yogurt mixed with lemon juice and salt (a sort of mayonnaise )I tried it but it wasn’t anything like light mayo

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 9:28 am
amother wrote:
Is there a listing of what's free so I can decide if this is a plan I'd like to sign up for?

All fruits,vegetables including corn,beets (not potatoes or avacado)

White tuna in water
All fish cooked without sugar,oil, flour
White chicken and turkey breast
Eggs

Carbs have a lot of points but you can have them in moderation

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 11:20 am
amother wrote:
All fruits,vegetables including corn,beets (not potatoes or avacado)

White tuna in water
All fish cooked without sugar,oil, flour
White chicken and turkey breast
Eggs

Carbs have a lot of points but you can have them in moderation

Are there low point bread options that can be used for breakfast and lunch? How much would 1/2 cup steamed rice be for dinner?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 9:40 pm
No joke .....

So I looked up challah before shabbos and it was 3 points. I figured my homemade challah is very rich so it should be about 5 points and that’s how I calculated it.

Tonight I baked challah and used the ww app to type in the recipe and figure out points. My challos are medium size so I estimated about 8 slices. Would you believe it came out to 22 points for a slice??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 9:44 pm
amother wrote:
Are there low point bread options that can be used for breakfast and lunch? How much would 1/2 cup steamed rice be for dinner?

Sure, lots of bread options. I use korns 60 % whole wheat bread which is 2 points a slice.

1/2 cup white rice is 3 points

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 9:52 pm
Whole wheat fiber one bread is very filling. 100 calorie a slice 3 points.
I put a sprinkle of bone suckin' sauce spice on my salmon and broil it. It is yummy. Put it into a salad with chickpeas, avocodo a bit of salad dressing and mix. Yum!
Regarding mustard with tuna, I use low fat mayo, a Jewish company and add mustard or deli mustard that is low in calories. Mixed into a salad it is yum. The mustard is moist and low/no calories which makes the tuna yummier. If course adding pickles to your salad is delish. Sometimes, its worth the points to add a bit of salad dressing.
Someone gave me an idea to eat corn cakes. They are low in points and you can have a bunch. Also oatmeal and oatbran are healthy choices with cinnamon and splenda....
Scrambled eggs with veges....keep The ideas coming

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 9:58 pm
amother wrote:
Whole wheat fiber one bread is very filling. 100 calorie a slice 3 points.
I put a sprinkle of bone suckin' sauce spice on my salmon and broil it. It is yummy. Put it into a salad with chickpeas, avocodo a bit of salad dressing and mix. Yum!
Regarding mustard with tuna, I use low fat mayo, a Jewish company and add mustard or deli mustard that is low in calories. Mixed into a salad it is yum. The mustard is moist and low/no calories which makes the tuna yummier. If course adding pickles to your salad is delish. Sometimes, its worth the points to add a bit of salad dressing.
Someone gave me an idea to eat corn cakes. They are low in points and you can have a bunch. Also oatmeal and oatbran are healthy choices with cinnamon and splenda....
Scrambled eggs with veges....keep The ideas coming

The bone suckin’ sauce is a point per tablespoon- same as some light mayo companies- unless you are using so little that you’re not counting the points?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 11:43 pm
I'm just starting the diet and feeling overwhelmed. Can someone post a typical day of what you eat?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 1:39 am
I calculated my challah recipe and it came out to 4 points a slice. Recipe divided by 81 servings. I counted 5 points because I didn't weigh it at felt it's not 100% accurate. I also eat a shibolim light ww matza that's 2 points. That's basically my points for the meal anyway.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 1:54 am
On Tuna I like putting lemon juice and spices. I don't know points but knowing the principles of Weight Watchers I can't imagine that adds points.
You can dip tuna in ketchup but again I don't know points values.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 3:01 pm
I’m looking for ideas for a muffin, cake or cookies. I’m not finding anything less than 6 points.

Optione

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 3:51 pm
amother wrote:
I’m looking for ideas for a muffin, cake or cookies. I’m not finding anything less than 6 points.

Look through the recipes on the app. Type muffin into the search and see what comes up.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 5:00 pm
amother wrote:
I calculated my challah recipe and it came out to 4 points a slice. Recipe divided by 81 servings. I counted 5 points because I didn't weigh it at felt it's not 100% accurate. I also eat a shibolim light ww matza that's 2 points. That's basically my points for the meal anyway.

That's great to hear about the shibolim matza and the number points.
If others can post items they use and the point count that would be so helpful for us kosher users.

Optione

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
No joke .....

So I looked up challah before shabbos and it was 3 points. I figured my homemade challah is very rich so it should be about 5 points and that’s how I calculated it.

Tonight I baked challah and used the ww app to type in the recipe and figure out points. My challos are medium size so I estimated about 8 slices. Would you believe it came out to 22 points for a slice??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because your whole challah recipe doesn't only make 1 challah with 8 slices.
Let's say you make 7 challos (x8 slices in each challah), you should be dividing your recipe/ total points by 56, not by 8...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 5:46 pm
Optione wrote:
Because your whole challah recipe doesn't only make 1 challah with 8 slices.
Let's say you make 7 challos (x8 slices in each challah), you should be dividing your recipe/ total points by 56, not by 8...

you're right but I only made a small recipe this week so it's divided by 2 challos /8 slices in each so it's 11 points a slice... I made a mistake but it's still way too high to eat

(my challos are incredibility delicious - btw ...I would never post that under my screen name Wink )

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 5:48 pm
Optione wrote:
Look through the recipes on the app. Type muffin into the search and see what comes up.

I did ... the lowest point recipe since they switched to freestyle is 5 points.

I scanned many options when I went shopping ... can't find anything that's low point so far

maybe I'll try experimenting with ingredients on my own..

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 8:50 pm
Bone suckin sauce I use very little so I don't count it, but even with 1 point, it would be worth it.....the point of the freestyle is WW wants us to become healthier by really staying away from cake and muffins and focus on eating healthier foods and lower point options to fill you up. You can eat your 5 point muffin. You just need to count it. I am nursing so I have way more points, but I feel like I need to use my points for Cheerios, oatmeal, oatbran, cheese, yogurt, avacodo, high fiber bread, corncakes, salad dressing, marinara sauce, a bit of shnitzel, matza, popcorners, Kugel and challa for shabbos, sweet potatoes...low calories food and snack options ....if you use your points for cake, muffins and donuts and chocolate on a regular basis, my opinion is you will crave more unhealthy foods and you will be hungrier. But you can eat it infrequently using your points allowance. Thats my opinion. Sorry, not so helpful.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise