Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Anyone doing weight watchers now?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 5:12 pm
Where does coffee with fat free milk fit into the plan?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 8:31 am
real wrote:
I am on it. You have to download the app because it is soo much easier. Not all veggies are free, some have points- like avocado, certain corn and some others.
You can eat as much tuna as you want. I looked up shabbos food before shabbos so I knew how many points things were. Challah is 3 points a piece, cholent is 5 points,. The app has everything!

Turkey bacon from Empire is 1 point per piece. Chicken cutlets without breading is 0 points. Eggs you can have as many as you want. You also have weekly points so I use like 10 extra points for shabbos freebees

How do I get the app?

Optione

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 10:04 am
amother wrote:
How do I get the app?

Go to Google play or iTunes and search weight watchers.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 10:32 am
Would love more ideas of foods. ..??

real

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 10:08 pm
I made the carrot muffins from the children's cookbook(kosher by design) substituted the carrots for banana's and I ended up making 18 muffins which meant each muffin was 3 points- and they were pretty good

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 1:51 pm
I just started WW last week. Here my question. Shabbos I was away so I ended up eating more than I planned so I ended up 5 points over my 23 daily points. Sunday I wasn't too hungry and stayed with free points or very low points but ended up with only 14 points out of 23. I was full and didn't feel deprived. I don't think I should eat more just to bring up the points. Correct? The app seemed not happy with only 14 points and didn't circle my day as being on target. I think it's ok tho. Just checking.

Also I did my own calculation for brown rice avacado sushi and this is what I get:
1/2c brown rice 4
1/4 avacado 3
Cucumber 0
Cooked salmon 0
So total of 7 for a roll (8 pieces) of brown rice avacado sushi. Am I calculating correctly?

Sweet sauce 2 points? Not sure about that.

Thanks.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:51 pm
amother wrote:
I just started WW last week. Here my question. Shabbos I was away so I ended up eating more than I planned so I ended up 5 points over my 23 daily points. Sunday I wasn't too hungry and stayed with free points or very low points but ended up with only 14 points out of 23. I was full and didn't feel deprived. I don't think I should eat more just to bring up the points. Correct? The app seemed not happy with only 14 points and didn't circle my day as being on target. I think it's ok tho. Just checking.

Also I did my own calculation for brown rice avacado sushi and this is what I get:
1/2c brown rice 4
1/4 avacado 3
Cucumber 0
Cooked salmon 0
So total of 7 for a roll (8 pieces) of brown rice avacado sushi. Am I calculating correctly?

Sweet sauce 2 points? Not sure about that.

Thanks.

BUMP. LOOKING For answers to the above please. Thanks.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 3:31 pm
Hot pink, did you lose weight. I hope you are eating enough. You don't want your body into starvation mode. You didn't use any extra points

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 3:37 pm
I lost a pound! Very excited. And I ate sushi and pizza this week. Most days I used most of my points. Only once dud I use the extra points

Worried about Shabbos. WW has challah at 3 points but don't you think home made is more like 5?

I'm a huge picker. As I serve and as I clear I pick pick pick. I wrote all I plan to eat down and hope to stick to it.

real

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 9:27 pm
I am having a really hard time sticking to this. I have been on weight watchers for a month and a half. I lost over 10 pounds but now it seems like the weight is coming off in small amounts and its frustrating.Anyone else feel like the weight just stops coming off?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:08 pm
real wrote:
I am having a really hard time sticking to this. I have been on weight watchers for a month and a half. I lost over 10 pounds but now it seems like the weight is coming off in small amounts and its frustrating.Anyone else feel like the weight just stops coming off?

I envy you because I’ve also been on for about a month and a half but I only lost 6 lbs...

Here’s my opinion based on my experience officially being a lifetime member:
People who have a lot to loose will loose more than those who only need to loose between 10-30 lbs

“Real”, you probably lost the bulk of your weight. Do you still want to loose those last 10 lbs? I’ve found that the last few lbs are so hard to loose!! Be happy if you loose .5 lbs a week.. it will be slow but you’ll see... it WILL come off! (Or join the gym for the last 10 lbs)
Also, try drinking an extra 2 cups of water each day.

Don’t give up! You can do it!

real

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 8:41 am
You totally nailed it!
I am working on my last ten pound(fifteen if I am really lucky) and it seems like it isn't working. I am definitely losing inches but the numbers aren't moving. the thing is, technically I am still not at my optimal BMI because I am 5'4 and have long bones, so I look taller than I am. Because of that, I look good where I am now, but I know that I am not in optimal BMI territory. A few more pounds and I am there but it is soo frustrating. The weight I am now, I was always able to come back to after having kids,(except for my last child, we had a family stress and that was taking forever to lose- thats why I finally joined ww) but I want those last 5-10 pounds I was pre-kids. Maybe your right about exercising because I really haven't been. I think I got sick of fruit and vegetables and that is why I am frustrated because I am hungry and not losing!
I have to go back to eating my fruits I guess, and work out. Thanks for your advice!

momesq

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 8:58 am
Gearing up for Pesach:

How many points is a round shmura matzah?
4 oz cup of wine?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 9:25 am
I really like the new WW plan. Joined a few weeks ago.
I find that I usually have a nice amount of points at be end of the day because most of what I eat is 0.
Breakfast is fat free Greek yogurt and fruit. Lunch is eggs and toast or tuna and toast (light mayo)
And if I have any snacks it’s fruit.
By supper I usually have 18-20 points left. I end of having a snack after supper and many times going to bed with points remaining.

momesq

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 12:07 pm
I googled how many calories handmade shmura matzoh has and the only thing that's coming up Is Rokeach for 120 cal. But that is not possible because the machine Square has 120 cal and it's at least half of a handmade round. So do I just estimates that a handmade round Shmura is double the size of a square? If that's the case each round shmura would have 6 points. And if you eat 2 1/2 to 3 each Seder that's gonna be 15 points in matzah alone.
Yikes!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 3:10 pm
Anyone realize how much grape juice is???

momesq

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 5:42 pm
8 points for 8 oz. I'm only going to do for 4 oz cups and I'm going to buy the lights grape Juice which is 2 points for 4 ounces.
That's 15 points for matzo and 8 points for light grape juice. There's my 23 points.
And that's before you eaten any real food.

momesq

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 10:44 pm
What's the deal with cooked vegtables? Let's say I want to make a thick vegetable soup with all different 0 point veggies. No oil. How many points does it become because it's cooked?

What's about baked fruit? It I want to make baked apple and blueberry and serve it warm with Greek yogurt. How many points is that?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:10 pm
momesq wrote:
What's the deal with cooked vegtables? Let's say I want to make a thick vegetable soup with all different 0 point veggies. No oil. How many points does it become because it's cooked?

What's about baked fruit? It I want to make baked apple and blueberry and serve it warm with Greek yogurt. How many points is that?

I believe it’s all zero points!

momesq

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:16 pm
No I definitely read somewhere only if the vegables and fruit are raw. You add pints for cooking them. But not sure of how many to add.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise