Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Chrome won't load pages

myname1

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 4:08 pm
I just got a new computer, and Google Chrome is driving me nuts! I have a habit of opening like 10 tabs at a time, which used to be slow but fine, but now it just won't load any of them at all. I kind of remember a setting last time like "Continue loading tabs when not in view," but that doesn't seem to exist now. Any idea how to make pages continue loading instead of timing out so fast?

myname1

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 4:17 pm
And while we're at it, here's another issue. I used to click and icon or file and it would select it, but I'd have to double-click to open it. Now as soon as I click something, it opens. How do I disable that and go back to having to double-click?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 5:00 pm
I also use Chrome, and am terrible about keeping a dozen tabs open.

Every other day or so I go through a restart cycle, and then go into history and cache to clear everything out of memory. It's a total pain, but the alternative is to wait 5 minutes or more for each tab to load.

Once you clear cache and browser history, it should be lightning fast for at least a day or two.

I'm working on a second-hand Dell, running Windows 7, so I'm not really sure how to give more detailed instructions than that. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics