Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Can I send my husband to a hoisery store
Previous  1  2

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 1:26 pm
Bizzydizzy, it's odd to send a man to buy you bras, unless it's from a department store. You have to think about the women in the store's discomfort besides for your husbands.

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 1:35 pm
DH buys me robes and nightgowns from a robe store owned by a male. Why is a male customer going to make females more uncomfortable than a male owner?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 2:08 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Bizzydizzy, it's odd to send a man to buy you bras, unless it's from a department store. You have to think about the women in the store's discomfort besides for your husbands.

Nursing bras from Walmart , not a Jewish store .

cnc

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 3:16 pm
Squishy wrote:
DH buys me robes and nightgowns from a robe store owned by a male. Why is a male customer going to make females more uncomfortable than a male owner?

Does he service the customers or is just the owner? There's a lingerie/ robe store here and the heimish male owner services customers, hangs up undergarments and is always in your face when you come out of the changing rooms to look in the mirror. I don't walk into that store any more and neither do others that I discussed this with.

WhatFor

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 3:22 pm
amother wrote:
True story: I broke my leg and had to go to hospital. There was no clean laundry in the house and I needed underwear, so dh went to a big department store to buy underwear (panties) for me. He was too embarrassed to go and look at the different styles, so he stopped a woman shopping, explained the situation, and asked her to pick some out!!!! (and she did!)

Your dh is sweet for helping, but honestly if a strange man approached me with a story about needing help picking out underwear for his wife, I'd probably be skeptical and think he could be a creep! But I don't mind if men go into lingerie shops.

Glad it all worked out though!

Shoshana37

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 3:32 pm
Why not, I have sent my husband buy me pads. He have bought underwear, bras,tights, make up etc.... that is called life and we live in 21 century for Gd sakes nothing abnormal anymore.

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 5:05 pm
cnc wrote:
Does he service the customers or is just the owner? There's a lingerie/ robe store here and the heimish male owner services customers, hangs up undergarments and is always in your face when you come out of the changing rooms to look in the mirror. I don't walk into that store any more and neither do others that I discussed this with.

I have no idea because DH goes - LOL

He must be around at least sometimes because he helps DH. DH mentioned a frum male owner.

I tend not to buy stuff every season. Unless DH goes, the ladies of the house don't wear robes.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:12 pm
Hosiery is ok, Underwear or Bras I would not send a man into a lingerie store for. I would send him to Walmart/Target if I was desperate but typically I would order online.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 12:14 am
I can send my husb for pads, napkins, any item of clothing in a non-jewish store, even V Secret
But he'll never go to a frum store
Maybe its because he was raised secular in a very non-Jewish place.
But he claims even when Lakewood ladies are just ordering corned beef at the app counter they bend out backwards and go out of their way to make men on the line feel uncomfortable and awkward.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette