Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Product Review Website- How to create it ?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 8:05 pm
Is there a no-cost or low-cost way to set up a product-reviews website?

Thanks!

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 8:16 pm
if you do it as a blog, you can do it completely free and earn money through amazon click throughs etc. for 4 bucks a month you can remove all wordpress advertising and get a custom domain. http://wordpress.com

OR if you want to customize and use a theme but have a much more customized blog or static site on a domain and hosting you already have, you can use http://wordpress.org --- that's not free because you need hosting.

The two wordpresses are different so don't get confused. Smile

I've done both--- if you're a newbie, wordpress.com is very easy to work with. I have a personal blog there. Installing wordpress.org on hosting and being on your own with customization is more difficult but do-able. I have a multi page website including a business blog there.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 8:20 pm
Thanks, Twinsmommy! I appreciate your feedback.
I am familiar with the wordpress.com blogs.
I've set up my blog, but do not know how to add the reviews aspect to it. Is it a plug-in?
Have you ever added a reviews aspect to your wordpress.com blog?
If yes, I'd love to see your blog.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 8:24 pm
no I don't have reviews on mine. My thinking is that you would do a kosheronabudget.com type of site---- each post about a different item with a link (monetized) to purchase the item... and you can have a search function and a mailing list connected, etc. No special plugins needed.

You can tag each post and have a huge list of tags on the side so people can click on what they're looking for. women's clothing, Judaica, books, children's clothing, toys, etc etc.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 8:34 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
no I don't have reviews on mine. My thinking is that you would do a kosheronabudget.com type of site---- each post about a different item with a link (monetized) to purchase the item... and you can have a search function and a mailing list connected, etc. No special plugins needed.

You can tag each post and have a huge list of tags on the side so people can click on what they're looking for. women's clothing, Judaica, books, children's clothing, toys, etc etc.

Thanks! I'll check out that site .

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 8:50 pm
I checked out the site and do not see any reviews on the site.
I'm interested to have the capability of reviewing items on my blog. Like one star, two star, three start, etc.
Any ideas how to do that?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 9:07 pm
Look into this
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-review/

No experience with it myself

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 9:39 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
if you do it as a blog, you can do it completely free and earn money through amazon click throughs etc. for 4 bucks a month you can remove all wordpress advertising and get a custom domain. http://wordpress.com

OR I

I see it isn't completely free.
Anything that's completely free ?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:34 pm
It's very hard to make money without investing something...it's not really a lot to invest in to start off. I don't know if you can fully do what you want with wordpress.com but even if you didn't go with them and did your own custom domain, you can probably get a good deal to spend $50 or less for a full year of hosting with your own domain name. Wordpress itself is free and most hosting companies have a one click install to set it up.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:41 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
It's very hard to make money without investing something....

I have no intentions of making money on the site. I am offering a service out of the goodness of my heart.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 11:12 pm
Sorry, I misunderstood since it was in working women, I assumed you were trying to bring in money.

That's very sweet of you. In that case, you do NOT need your own domain name, you can do it for free on wordpress.com
I am not sure the limitations of plugins though, but maybe make some graphics of stars and insert the corresponding image to the rating you are giving the item?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 11:14 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Sorry, I misunderstood since it was in working women, I assumed you were trying to bring in money.
?

I was assuming one of the ''working women'' here would be familiar with setting up such a site/blog :-)

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 11:52 pm
click on see plans. there IS a free plan. I'm using it for my blog about my kids. I don't pay a penny.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 8:19 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
click on see plans. there IS a free plan. I'm using it for my blog about my kids. I don't pay a penny.

I have the free plan, but don't see a way to incorporate reviews.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 12:01 pm
I use wordpress plenty, but not on the free plan to know what you can incorporate. I don't see why it's an issue to just write posts and do what I said about a star image to show what you rate the product. That would be free. It could be the plugin I linked to would work; I am not sure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics