Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing pictures!

chag334

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 7:47 pm
Like most people I have a million pictures on my computer and Dropbox account. I never print. I NeED to get a handle on this but don’t know how. I always say I’m mane a photo book, but then I’m like “I’m not going to print ALL the pictures obviously, so what is going to happen with the rest that don’t make it in?” I start wondering if I should print all pictures and just keep them in a box? Any advice or tips? Tia

chag334

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 8:04 pm
Anyone?

L K

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 8:19 pm
Have the same question. Only mine aren't even on the Dropbox. Where should I put them- Dropbox, amazon photos or some place else? From where should I order prints?

Chayap

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 9:28 am
I print pictures online at yorkphoto.com. First time this year I printed pictures on snapfish.com. because they had 1 cent sale. The regular price on yorkphoto for 4x6 prints is 9 cents per print but they have sales very often and the price is 4 cents per picture. Snapfish prices are the same. 9 cents regular and 4 cents on sale. Both sites have also different deals like free shipping or some prints for free etc. Sometimes they have 4x6 prints for 1 cent per picture! I actually saw 1 cent sale once on yorkphoto (about 2 years ago) and once on snapfish (about 3 weeks ago) so far. I discovered snapfish this year in January so I don’t know how often 1 cent sale happens. The quality of prints is great on both sides. I collect pictures I want to print in a folder on external drive and print them once a year usually sometime in January. I print about 1000 pictures a year. My husband is a photographer and of course he takes a lot of pictures of our family. I keep prints in photo storage boxes. There are probably different kinds and sizes but I buy big plastic case boxes that hold up to 1,600 ophotos in 16 small cases. Each small case holds up to 100 photos.

hopeafterloss

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:56 am
I try to organize my pictures like anything in my house- delete anything I dont love, then I sort by time periods (winter2017, summer 2017 etc) Then when I want to use them, slideshow etc, they can actually be of use instead of never looking at them again...

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 7:58 am
Chayap wrote:
I print pictures online at yorkphoto.com. First time this year I printed pictures on snapfish.com. because they had 1 cent sale. The regular price on yorkphoto for 4x6 prints is 9 cents per print but they have sales very often and the price is 4 cents per picture. Snapfish prices are the same. 9 cents regular and 4 cents on sale. Both sites have also different deals like free shipping or some prints for free etc. Sometimes they have 4x6 prints for 1 cent per picture! I actually saw 1 cent sale once on yorkphoto (about 2 years ago) and once on snapfish (about 3 weeks ago) so far. I discovered snapfish this year in January so I don’t know how often 1 cent sale happens. The quality of prints is great on both sides. I collect pictures I want to print in a folder on external drive and print them once a year usually sometime in January. I print about 1000 pictures a year. My husband is a photographer and of course he takes a lot of pictures of our family. I keep prints in photo storage boxes. There are probably different kinds and sizes but I buy big plastic case boxes that hold up to 1,600 ophotos in 16 small cases. Each small case holds up to 100 photos.

Shutterfly is similar to Snapfish IME and they have free photo credits ALL the time.
I've also used a site called ArtsCow which has a less friendly interface but a ton of free product offers. I haven't used them in a while because I am years behind on printing anything so I'm not sure if anything's changed.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 8:21 am
I try to print photos about every six months . I spend literally an entire day downloading to Snapfish from various devices and then I pick and choose what I want to actually develop and print. I have many scrapbooks so , I print whatever photos I would like my kids to have in the future for a keepsake. I have piles of photos which have not made it into their scrapbook but at least they are not sitting in a device that will eventually break and die. Photo boxes are great for storage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics