Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Dr. Ronit. B. Friedman
1  2  Next

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jan 29 2018, 3:29 pm
Does anyone have experience with Dr. Friedman- specifically for GYN services (not OB)? Would you recommend her?

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 10:04 am
Bump. How about for iud?

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 1:28 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Does anyone have experience with Dr. Friedman- specifically for GYN services (not OB)? Would you recommend her?

From refuah?

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 1:31 pm
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
From refuah?

Yes

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 1:41 pm
amother [ Chicory ] wrote:
Yes

I went to her alittle over a year ago for a check up and she was really rude. I called the day before to confirm my husband will be allowed in the room with me I was told he will be but she refused to let him in.
She was really not gentle totally ignored that the exam was causing me pain
When I told her I came cuz I have pain during intercourse she suggested diff positions and then LAUGHED at me when I said I tried that it didn’t work. It was my first and last time I went for a yearly checkup.

I ended up going to a different doctor that did find the problem

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 2:01 pm
I dont use refuah for delivery, but if I ever need a GYN visit, I always go to her. She's very good. Would use her for IUD.

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 2:05 pm
So she is really nice and spent loads of time with me. But she did dismiss pain that I had with intercourse and claimed that everything seemed normal and to just use lots of lube. When I told her I’m already using a half a bottle each time she just told me to use more. Well they didn’t work lol. Anyway I had a baby since (different practice) and the problem went away. I guess I just needed something to open me up more

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 2:07 pm
I LOVE dr friedman. Love love love. She takes the time to really listen to issues I was having, and really helped me. Excellent bedside manner, never made me feel rushed, really listened to my concerns, and figured out what was going on.

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 2:09 pm
Omg such contradictory experiences!!
I hate rude doctors.
No one used her for an iud here?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 12:01 pm
I found her to be very fast and not particularly patient or patient-centered (no pun intended). But I didn't see her for an IUD.

amother
Pear

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 12:03 pm
I used her to take my IUD out and for a checkup. She was really nice and understanding. Liked her a lot.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 12:27 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
So she is really nice and spent loads of time with me. But she did dismiss pain that I had with intercourse and claimed that everything seemed normal and to just use lots of lube. When I told her I’m already using a half a bottle each time she just told me to use more. Well they didn’t work lol. Anyway I had a baby since (different practice) and the problem went away. I guess I just needed something to open me up more

Unfortunately a regular GYN wont have the solution for painful intercourse. As someone with lots of experience in this area, I will tell you that this doesnt make her a bad doctor. She's considered very good and experienced. Painful intercourse is a whole nother topic. Your typical dr wont be able to help you. Only someone who specializes in this, which nobody in Refuah or in monsey for that matter does.

amother
Blushpink

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 12:38 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Unfortunately a regular GYN wont have the solution for painful intercourse. As someone with lots of experience in this area, I will tell you that this doesnt make her a bad doctor. She's considered very good and experienced. Painful intercourse is a whole nother topic. Your typical dr wont be able to help you. Only someone who specializes in this, which nobody in Refuah or in monsey for that matter does.

I actually did go to another doctor that was surprised no doctor ever gave me a cream since my skin was very obviously not healthy.
And if she can’t help she should refer the patient to someone who can. Not laugh at someone in pain

amother
Phlox

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 5:18 pm
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
I actually did go to another doctor that was surprised no doctor ever gave me a cream since my skin was very obviously not healthy.
And if she can’t help she should refer the patient to someone who can. Not laugh at someone in pain
this. Although she didn’t exactly laugh at the pain . I used the wrong word. I meant to say that she kind of dismissed it and said nothing is wrong with you. I questioned her numerous times about the fact that I think I’m very small or tight or basically something wrong with my anatomy and I was right as having a baby (vaginal birth) completely took care of the issue. She basically made it sound like I wasn’t aroused enough or wet enough. When I told her that I was as wet as an ocean she should have taken me seriously. Even if she didn’t see an issue she should have maybe examined me better or said like look I don’t see anything but feel free to go to an expert or another doctor to check it out. I remember being so nervous about postpartum mikva. I was certainly not aroused or relaxed and yet it was totally pain free I almost cried in relief

amother
Chicory

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 6:43 pm
Any other suggestions for a female dr at refuah for an iud? Bedside manner matters to me as much as skill and experience. I’m not impressed with some reviews here.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 6:59 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:

I'm sorry but this is a sweeping generalization: I've had two different male gynecologists help me with pelvic pain from intercourse. The first suggested a book/dilator combo that worked for a very long time. The second suggested I reach out to those women in the 5 towns who specialize in this, and gave me their card.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:12 pm
I love dr Friedman. My mom, my sister and I all use her.

I used her for an iud and was happy. Have PCOS and she’s very supportive as I considered different bc options even minor side effects etc.

Can someone post resources for painful intercourse?

amother
Blushpink

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:17 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:

Can someone post resources for painful intercourse?

Maze woman’s health
Pelvic floor therapy

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:29 pm
I had a very pleasant experience with Dr. R. Friedman. I found her to be very kind, patient and experienced.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 11:13 pm
I did not have a good experience with her.

When I explained that I want to switch bc because the one I was on was causing me to bleed non- stop and I would only end up with 2-3 clean days a month. She said "Oh don't be so greedy"

Another time I went for a procedure and she was extremely curt and her whole way of talking sounded annoyed and impatient.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries