Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Prediction: Amazon health care will change US Health care

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 6:56 pm
https://slate.com/business/201......html

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 7:29 pm
Okay. To me it sounds awesome. I love how they used "tapeworm" here.

It's very obvious that anything privately owned and run will succeed way beyond anything government run and owned. So run for the hills, guys. Or get out of the way of progress.. I hope by the time I'm ready to retire, Amazon offers retirement packages too...

Btw, not sure what Walmart is trading at today but they were a safer bet than Amazon a few weeks ago..

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 7:32 pm
I think that this could be the wave of the future because the medical care in the US costs more than anywhere on the planet but the results are not even as good as countries that spend less money. This way there is a cap on costs. The government can't do it but the most powerful companies can.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 7:49 pm
If someone would explain to me disposable blood pressure cuffs... among other things.

There are a lot of REAL ways to cut costs, but nobody's actually going to do it.

From what I understand from my business classes, this venture is doomed to fail because this is not their (Bozo and Buffet's) true area of competency... But who knows, I could be wrong.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 7:50 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I think that this could be the wave of the future because the medical care in the US costs more than anywhere on the planet but the results are not even as good as countries that spend less money. This way there is a cap on costs. The government can't do it but the most powerful companies can.

You said it..

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 8:01 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
If someone would explain to me disposable blood pressure cuffs... among other things.

There are a lot of REAL ways to cut costs, but nobody's actually going to do it.

From what I understand from my business classes, this venture is doomed to fail because this is not their (Bozo and Buffet's) true area of competency... But who knows, I could be wrong.

Other countries have large open hospital wards and non-physicians doing much of the care and they don't seem to be dropping dead any sooner than people do here so I agree with you that there are real ways to cut costs. Every time that I have been in a hospital, they came and drew blood the morning that I was being discharged so the results were posted after I was already home. What was the point of that?

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 8:03 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Other countries have large open hospital wards and non-physicians doing much of the care and they don't seem to be dropping dead any sooner than people do here.

I completely agree with you! I still don't know if Bozo or Buffet are the right people for the job, though.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 8:04 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I completely agree with you! I still don't know if Bozo or Buffet are the right people for the job, though.

They practically own the whole world so it would be nice if they spent some money keeping the human race alive so that people could spend their money on that stuff that they are selling.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 8:07 pm
southernbubby wrote:
They practically own the whole world so it would be nice if they spent some money keeping the human race alive so that people could spend their money on that stuff that they are selling.

I'm not up to date on where their charity money is going, but dh seems to feel it's going straight into the garbage... so I don't know if I would trust them on this.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 8:30 pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0.....ticle

Interesting outlook because quitting smoking saves money on health expenses in the short run but in the long run, it causes the person to live longer so more is spent on their health care.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics