Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Parking manners... (vent)

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 9:41 am
I've lived in Israel for nearly 10 years but people here still leave me flabbergasted occasionally Rolling Eyes
Was just picking my kids up from the kindergarten. When I got back to our small car with them, there was this huge van jammed right next to our car, on the driver's side, literally 1 cm (less than half an inch) next to ours. Needlessly, because there was plenty of space on their other side. I just saw a woman from our neighborhood walk away from that car towards the nearby playground. Not daring to move my car out of this tight lock, I went after her and explained it to her. She came back, watched calmly how I wriggled into my car from the passenger side and then sort of directed me out of it. Looked at me expectantly, so I said to her thank you quite ironically. Seems the irony was lost on her. Didn' t occur to her at all to say sorry or something. Israelis! Though she might be American originally, I'm not sure. What would you have done?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 10:35 am
amother wrote:
I've lived in Israel for nearly 10 years but people here still leave me flabbergasted occasionally Rolling Eyes
Was just picking my kids up from the kindergarten. When I got back to our small car with them, there was this huge van jammed right next to our car, on the driver's side, literally 1 cm (less than half an inch) next to ours. Needlessly, because there was plenty of space on their other side. I just saw a woman from our neighborhood walk away from that car towards the nearby playground. Not daring to move my car out of this tight lock, I went after her and explained it to her. She came back, watched calmly how I wriggled into my car from the passenger side and then sort of directed me out of it. Looked at me expectantly, so I said to her thank you quite ironically. Seems the irony was lost on her. Didn' t occur to her at all to say sorry or something. Israelis! Though she might be American originally, I'm not sure. What would you have done?

Was she illegally parked? Was this a parking lot where she parked very close, did she go over the yellow line? If yes, I would have asked her to move

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 10:46 am
When I saw the title I thought it may have something to do with Brooklyn🙃

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 10:51 am
Op here, she wasn't parked illegally, just way over the line. But that's how everyone parks around here... minhag hamkom, I guess. Still no reason to jam people in, a bit of eye-measure and consideration for others would do the job even if you don't mind the lines.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 10:56 am
Though, "Israelis" can be good as gold as well, I have to add. Half an hour after the parking incident, my 3 year old son ran off. Another mother from the neighborhood whom I barely know identified him, called me and brought him back home in her car. That's the plus side. Flower
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette