Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
How the stranger who proposed to me became my husband
1  2  Next

slushiemom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 2:33 pm
I wrote up the insane story of how my husband proposed to me as a stranger in the street. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/notes.....58788¬if_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

fmt4

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 2:37 pm
I thought I had a cute story!! That is the best story ever!!!!

tigerwife

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 2:40 pm
Love it! May you continue to share many more happy years together!

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 2:41 pm
Awwwwwwwww!

And you're a good writer too! May you always be this happy!

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 2:42 pm
fmt4 wrote:
I thought I had a cute story!! That is the best story ever!!!!

I'm ready for YOUR story...

devash1

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 3:56 pm
Thanks for sharing!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 4:00 pm
Love this story! It's amazing how Hashem puts us in the right place at the right time.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

heartinzion

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 4:33 pm
Best story ever!!

mirror

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 4:41 pm
Amazing! Just out of curiosity, how old was Zev when you got married?

Metukah

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 4:41 pm
slushiemom wrote:
I wrote up the insane story of how my husband proposed to me as a stranger in the street. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/notes.....58788¬if_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

Can you please post it here cos I've blocked Facebook?

slushiemom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:04 pm
Metukah wrote:
Can you please post it here cos I've blocked Facebook?

This is the 100% true story of how Zev and I met. It’s a really fun story, and I love stories, both hearing them and sharing them, so here goes.
On Jerusalem Day in June there's a huge parade called the Rikud D’galim where thousands of people come out to Gan Sacher in Jerusalem, and walk down to the Kotel singing and waving flags. I was 19, had made aliyah the summer before and hopped on bus to Jlem to join with a group of friends.

At the end of the parade, we were sitting in the Rova in the Old City eating pizza on a low wall that doesn't exist anymore, and my friend Moshe was being funny and goofy as usual, and jokingly said he's going to find me a husband. I said, “Do whatever you want, just don’t embarrass me.” He pointed out a guy who was sitting by himself a few feet away from us, and asked if I thought he's cute. I said yea.

Moshe went over to the random guy who none of us knew, and said "Hey- do you want to meet the girl you're gonna marry?"

Apparently, Random Guy on the Wall was just as goofy as Moshe, because without missing a beat, he goes "Well, I'm not ready to get married yet, but it's always good to know for the future!" to which Moshe responds "well, she's right over there" and pointed to me.

Dude came over and said "So, uh, I heard we're getting married!" After I got passed the moment of wanting the floor to swallow me up, I managed to play along and say "When?" He said "a week". I answered, "That's too soon, how about 6 weeks?" Which he agreed to, and we were able to move passed the weird awkward conversation that had just taken place, and continue our conversation 😂.

Then it got really crazy. We exchanged names, and it hit us both at the same moment. I said "Wait a second... You're Miriam’s brother!" And he said "Wait a second... You're that girl Miriam was just telling me about!"

Here's the story - this awesome girl Miriam and I were in college together, and had gotten to know each other over the year, and the WEEK BEFORE this we were together in the library when she said to me - "You know- you'd get along really well with my brother Zev, but I'm not going to set you up with him because he's not even close to being ready to get married" and I thought "Ok, cool" and moved on with my day. That same day, she went home and told her brother about this redheaded girl that he'd like, but she's not setting him up with her because he's not serious. He thought "Ok, cool" and moved on with his day.

Back to the story- we both just realized who the other one was and it was craziest moment of my life. It was like something clicked into place, and I knew this wasn't some weird encounter that I was going to laugh off and forget about. We talked for about half an hour, and I had the craziest feeling in my stomach the entire time. Before I left to catch the bus back to Bet Shemesh, I got his AOL screen name.

On the bus home, I kept replaying the night with my friends, Yael and Shani, and we couldn't get over how insane it was. To top it off, we overheard a group of guys in front of us mention Zev's name about something totally unrelated! The whole thing was too crazy to ignore.
The next day, I sent him an IM, and we chatted online and talked on the phone for about a week before we got a chance to meet up again in person.

I think we were both nervous before the meeting, it was dark outside the night we met, what if we didn't recognize each other, or the whole vibe would be awkward? We had no need to worry, the minute I saw him in his bright orange Crocs (the first person I ever saw wear them) we picked up where we left off, and the rest is history.

PS- I said yes to the proposal 5 months later.

slushiemom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:04 pm
mirror wrote:
Amazing! Just out of curiosity, how old was Zev when you got married?

We were both 20 Smile

jewwoman

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:26 pm
Cutest story ever...

Shoshana37

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:38 pm
Very cute

octopus

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:48 pm
I love your story!

studying_torah

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 7:41 pm
Love it! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together!

devo1982

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:58 pm
That is adorable! Definitely brings new meaning to the idea of bashert Smile
May you have many more wonderful years together.

simba

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 9:03 pm
Love it. Did Moshe get shadchanus gelt?

cozyblanket

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 11:48 pm
Belated Mazal tov to you two!!

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 3:46 pm
Love this story!

Thanks for sharing!

May you be live happily ever after!