Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I’m such a cliche
Previous  1  2  3  Next

happyfaces

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 7:49 pm
Zehava wrote:
On second thought he probably wants to keep people like me or who he thinks I am out of his posh store. Like have this snobby ambience or something. I’ll make sure to stop by every once in a while and ask what’s on sale just to annoy him.

Now I'm wondering which store it is. Would love to check out there sale rack too. Smile

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:10 pm
Zehava wrote:
On second thought he probably wants to keep people like me or who he thinks I am out of his posh store. Like have this snobby ambience or something. I’ll make sure to stop by every once in a while and ask what’s on sale just to annoy him.

I don't think this will fit you. It's VERY expensive.
-Pretty Woman

Boca00

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:12 pm
happyfaces wrote:
Now I'm wondering which store it is. Would love to check out there sale rack too. Smile

We should have a whole clutch of Imamothers converge upon his store (one at a time) in their clothes from high school and ask for the sales rack. Just to keep his ego in check.

happyfaces

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:14 pm
I got this attitude on a full ( pretty expensive) iteam once. I just dont understand it. I may have bought it then, but no way Im I returning for the new season. ( never mind it didnt wash well) so they did lose a customer.

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:14 pm
I’ve had this in a different store where I asked to see shabbos coats and was reluctantly shown first the sale items then the full price ones and told that they’re expensive. I didn’t even ask for sale items that time. I realized afterwards probably my son was just wearing carters clothes. Anyway I didn’t end up buying because they all looked the same. I got one from Janie and Jack instead. But the nerve!

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:15 pm
Boca00 wrote:
We should have a whole clutch of Imamothers converge upon his store (one at a time) in their clothes from high school and ask for the sales rack. Just to keep his ego in check.

I’m loving the idea

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:19 pm
And I should add that there is one store that is more expensive than the other two but they have amazing sales and always treat everyone with respect and point out which racks are 50 off, 70 off etc. the sales ladies will chat you up and be courteous no matter if you’re spending 30$ or 1,000. I can tell you one thing. They are always full. Their full priced new arrivals are going fast. While the other two stores with the rude salespeople are usually empty and full of merchandise.
It pays to be nice

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:23 pm
Maybe this can cheer you up a bit. For my 20th anniversary, my husband wanted to buy me a diamond eternity band.

He asked me to shop around to see the styles I liked but he had one request : he wanted a ring that had diamonds all the way around; not just in front. Now, by nature I'm, well, I don't like to dress "up" and I abhor wearing "labels" of other companies on the outside. If it says GUCCI or has a huge tori Burch logo or is obviously a Louboutin shoe, I won't go near it. I don't provide free advertising for companies that don't pay me to.

So I walked into 3 different jewelry stores, and each time I asked them to show me their eternity bands, the really dressed to the nines women took out their small, thin ones. Each one had smaller diamonds than the last. My husband would die of embarrassment first. He goes for quality over showy, but still, because I look younger than I am (Baruch Hashem) they weren't taking me seriously at all; no matter how nicely I asked.

I texted my husband in frustration.

He walked into the store I was in at the time, and took a cursory look at the rings they were showing me. The chutzpah is that when he came in, they immediately ran to get their better stuff! I was infuriated!

But my husband is nobody's fool. They brought out stunning pieces.. He casually looked at them and said, "I'm so sorry; I put a much nicer one on hold at (the most expensive store in the area). If my wife doesn't like that one, she can come back and look at these."

By now the owner had come out and when he realized my husband (a good customer!) was leaving, he was trying to get him to stay, with, " I have something beautiful in the back! You're really going to want to see it! Your wife is going to love it! " like I was invisible!

My husband politely said, "my wife said she already saw what you had to show her, so I'm going to show her what I picked. But thanks. Maybe next time"

I smiled for a week!! Literally! (and I actually got the beautiful ring he picked out, which was badly overpriced, but worth every penny!)

I will gladly share this satisfaction with you!

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I don't think this will fit you. It's VERY expensive.
-Pretty Woman

Lol! All time favorite!!

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:29 pm
that is a great story jewishfoodie. Now if only I can use mine to put that guy in his place...

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:31 pm
Zehava wrote:
that is a great story jewishfoodie. Now if only I can use mine to put that guy in his place...

Tell us the store and we'll storm the Bastille!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:33 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Lol! All time favorite!!

Mine too. The end of that scene is just perfect.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VxcU4q6KLyA

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:33 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Tell us the store and we'll storm the Bastille!

Problem is I don’t want to advertise where I live. But if you’re serious you can pm me.

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:35 pm
And you know what else? I’ve noticed that when I’m together with my husband at those high end men’s boutiques I get treated with such respect. I’ve never thought about it until now but it’s so ironic since then I’m just accompanying him and not even the one buying.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:42 pm
Zehava wrote:
Problem is I don’t want to advertise where I live. But if you’re serious you can pm me.

Fair enough.. I won't storm it myself tho. As you could see, I couldn't defend myself! But we are all judged daily.. There's really no "revenge" because they are the ones who lose out in the end. People are turned off from such sales people and do not step into these stores ever again! So Hashem takes care of that revenge really. But I won't lie; I felt like a million bucks when I walked out of that store. No pun there. I didn't feel wealthy; I felt avenged! And I know that it might be wrong but I'm not ashamed of what I felt. So if you have a way of getting that feeling, go for it! Nobody should make anyone feel "less than". Also, salespeople who work on commission lose out even more if they're uppity...

Zehava, wear it proudly! If you were supposed to spend less on that item, G-d will find another way to get that money back to you. You're no cliche. You are human.

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:50 pm
Okay:) thanks jewishfoodie. It wasn’t even so expensive and it really is pretty.

iyar

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 4:02 pm
Boca00 wrote:

This sounds like fun!
Can I join even though I no longer have any clothes from high school?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 4:10 pm
Jewishfoodie, your husband is a real keeper!

gold21

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 4:15 pm
Next time, be very rude right back to him

Boca00

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 6:38 pm
iyar wrote:
This sounds like fun!
Can I join even though I no longer have any clothes from high school?

Of course! I should have enough outdated stuff in storage to go around.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette