Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Show and tell this week's parsha help urgent

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 5:13 pm
My daughter was chosen for the shabbos party girl this week. She has to bring something related to the parsha. I'm prepared to make something. Creative Ladies plz help me. THANKS LOADS!
Anon cuz just in case you'll recognize what your daughter brought home

enneamom

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 5:18 pm
Chocolate coins or those chocolates that look like dollar bills=money laws in Parshas Mishpatim

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 5:18 pm
Isn't this weeks parsha where the yidden were taught about dairy and meat? Maybe send a milchig place setting and fleishigs one. Or something along those lines

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 6:11 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Isn't this weeks parsha where the yidden were taught about dairy and meat? Maybe send a milchig place setting and fleishigs one. Or something along those lines

I was thinking of doing a large marmallow in a shot glass with a sour stick as a straw for milchig but I need something for fleishig. Couldn't think of anything

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 6:13 pm
amother wrote:
I was thinking of doing a large marmallow in a shot glass with a sour stick as a straw for milchig but I need something for fleishig. Couldn't think of anything

Take a piece of aluminum foil shape it/ mold it into the shape of a chicken drumstick. Wrap the aluminum foil mold with orange fruit leather, and that could be your fleishigs piece of chicken

tigerwife

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 7:18 pm
amother wrote:

Do you mean you would make one of these projects for every child in your daughter's class? Sounds like a lot of work! Is that what is usually done in her class?

I liked the money idea.

SpottedBanana

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 7:24 pm
I also like the money idea. Additionally, this parsha talks about something that looked like a sapphire brick next to the Kisei HaKavod. Possibly too esoteric, but maybe blue taffies since they kind of look like bricks?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 7:33 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Do you mean you would make one of these projects for every child in your daughter's class? Sounds like a lot of work! Is that what is usually done in her class?

I liked the money idea.

Yea. The last few weeks mothers have been playing around. It's her dream that I should too. So I wanna try to please her.

enneamom

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 7:46 pm
amother wrote:
Yea. The last few weeks mothers have been playing around. It's her dream that I should too. So I wanna try to please her.

So use a thin straw instead of a sour stick, it'll be easier to poke in. You can use those rooster lollies for the meat.

Personally, I think you'd be doing a big favor to the other mothers by keeping it simple. If I had a daughter in that class (and I know I don't, because none of my kids have this parsha nosh thing) I'd hate to have to compete with mothers who keep upping the ante each week.

Eishes Chaim

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 8:29 pm
amother wrote:

You can use 2 honey cookies for the hamburger, a chocolate coin for the burger, fruit leather for lettuce, and taffy for tomato

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 8:50 pm
Eishes Chaim wrote:
You can use 2 honey cookies for the hamburger, a chocolate coin for the burger, fruit leather for lettuce, and taffy for tomato

Love that, how creative!

artz

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 11:59 am
I like the money idea also this week is parshas shekalim
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children