Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ear wax

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 6:56 am
How can I clean my kids wax from there ears? My doctor repeatedly warned me against using q-tips. But what yes? Got to clean it somehow.

cozyblanket

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 7:07 am
https://m.cvs.com/shop/cvs-hea.....40621

This has helped for my own ears. I haven't tried it on my kids yet. However, you need to do a few things:
Use debrox for a few days first
Use pretty warm water with this.

Have patience and keep doing it until something comes. I'm not sure if that will work for the child in question.
Btw, look at the link carefully. It isn't the nasal bulb. Its different.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 7:08 am
Qtips! But carefully!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 7:14 am
In Israel there are two products that I know of. Ear clear and Clean Ears. I like Clean Ears, it's a spray that you use twice a day. If your kid won't keep their head tilted for half a minute, it still works.
Q-tips only work for the visible wax at the opening of the ear canal. You want to clean deeper.

cozyblanket

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 7:15 am
https://www.amazon.com/Ototek-.....XLINQ

I wish there was something like this for kids. But this made for adults.

Q tips really can make it worse.

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 7:27 am
A washcloth - NEVER a Q-Tip. Using a Qtip is dangerous and can cause problems. Ears are self cleaning for the most part like private parts - the less done to disturb the interior atmosphere, the better.

If there is a problem with wax impaction - not "normal" ear interior, ask your pediatrician what to do.

But leave the interior of the ear canal alone unless a doctor tells you otherwise - the exterior is thinly thing that needs to be washed. If you can't reach with a washcloth and your finger - leave it alone.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 9:33 am
Peroxide will soften up ear wax so that it comes out on its own in the bath/shower. You can put in a couple of drops in each ear 15 min before a shower.

Johnson's also makes safety qtips for kids. They start out narrow but then widen so you can't go in the ear deeply.

https://express.google.com/u/0.....75035

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 4:16 pm
Anyone have true and tryed way to remove wax for kids?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 4:22 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone have true and tryed way to remove wax for kids?
did you read my post? I spray the ears as per the directions. The wax softens and comes out.
An ENT can vacuum it out. Go to an ENT to find the best product available for you.

married123

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 4:24 pm
My ENT recommended mineral oil, put a few drops in each ear 2x a day for 4 days in a row. I cleaned whatever was outside the ear with a q tip and it really helped! Haven’t seen wax since I did that 2 weeks ago. Dr said it will soften it and either come out itself and Igbo not they can remove it once softened.... good luck. FYI I tried Debrax and found mineral oil worked way better

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 4:27 pm
Iymnok wrote:
did you read my post? I spray the ears as per the directions. The wax softens and comes out.
An ENT can vacuum it out. Go to an ENT to find the best product available for you.

I did thank you, however I don't live in Israel.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 4:33 pm
married123 wrote:
My ENT recommended mineral oil, put a few drops in each ear 2x a day for 4 days in a row. I cleaned whatever was outside the ear with a q tip and it really helped! Haven’t seen wax since I did that 2 weeks ago. Dr said it will soften it and either come out itself and Igbo not they can remove it once softened.... good luck. FYI I tried Debrax and found mineral oil worked way better

Did it always come out itself?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics