Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
OMG I just realized (yikes!)

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 5:33 pm
I just realized that there is only one Adar this year. So yeah like it is totally nearly Purim which means totally nearly Pesach. So like yeah if you already realized then at least you're doing better than me.

I'm not sure the point of this thread either

Boca00

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 5:35 pm
I totally realized but I haven't done anything about it. Do I still get brownie points?

thunderstorm

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 6:07 pm
Which made me just realize that I don't have a birthday this year since I was born in Adar Bet. That's great... I get to stay one year younger!

Jewishfoodie

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 6:12 pm
I'm sorry but this thread is very triggering for me. I'm having flashbacks and feel sick and need to vomit. Please put a warning on the thread so, no one accidentally finds out that pesach is coming, against their wishes. Or my cholent wasn't good this week. Can't tell the difference. Wink

Jewishfoodie

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 6:13 pm
And Happy Birthday Bizzydizzymommy! My birthday is February 30th so I never get old..

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 6:19 pm
This thread really needs a trigger alert. I'm still not done with last year's Pesach cleaning.

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 6:21 pm
I first made this discovery when I had to align my secular/work calendar with my life calendar, and noticed that Pesach actually begins in March this year.

Practically speaking, however, this knowledge has had no impact on my life and Purim/Pesach will come just as abruptly and sneakily as ever.

oliveoil

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 6:28 pm
The default is one adar, not sure why it's so surprising.

But there's still plenty of time. Don't let others pressure you.

animeme

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 6:29 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Which made me just realize that I don't have a birthday this year since I was born in Adar Bet. That's great... I get to stay one year younger!

Most say that Adar Bet is the Adar we have each year (it has Purim, after all). Adar alef is the extra. So happy birthday!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 6:23 am
OP, as soon as succot is over I already check when is passover and on which day is the Lel Haseder. With me it's a mental thing, I need to know well in advance. And mentally, I start getting pressed about the cleaning around chanukka. I wish I could be oblivious for a bit longer but I can't. Once Pesach is over I check rosh hashana , yom kippur und succot... I dont want to see

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 6:35 am
I actually get panic attacks in my sleep over this, and wake up in a cold sweat.

Why do I freak out so badly? I wish I didn't come to hate these holidays so much.

I think it really bothers me because 99.9% of all the work falls on me.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 7:09 am
animeme wrote:
Most say that Adar Bet is the Adar we have each year (it has Purim, after all). Adar alef is the extra. So happy birthday!

Is that true bec I heard yartzeit is observed in adar one and I never understood that bec Purim is in adar 2

SpottedBanana

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 7:49 am
amother wrote:
Is that true bec I heard yartzeit is observed in adar one and I never understood that bec Purim is in adar 2

Yes, this is true. The Gemara in Megillah somewhere in the beginning explains why this is so, don't remember it right now. Birthdays are in Adar Bet, yahrtzeits in Adar Aleph, and Adar Aleph is considered the "extra" Adar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics