Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Moving to Ramat Beth Shemesh

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 5:44 pm
Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting here and I do it because I really feel lost. So, we are thinking of moving to Ererz Yisroel on summer time, June / July 2018 iyh
We believe RBS would be a good place for our kids since there are a few (or a lot )Americans there...
We went a few times to RBS to try and register our kids to schools but we aren’t sure which one is the most appropriate one. We have one daughter in high school one boy in Yeshivah Ktana, another boy in elementary school and a girl in kindergarten. We are charedi but very open minded. We want our kids to learn math, English, science etc. And play sports. We don’t want a closed mind education. Also we aren’t sure if RBS Gimmel is the right place for us or RBS Aleph. Any advice? Any groups I can join? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Thank you all Very Happy

heartinzion

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 6:02 pm
Welcome! And mazal tov on your aliyah!! We are actually also making aliyah this summer to RBS.
If I understand correctly, and RBS people can confirm this, RBS gimmel is very young. Not too many "older" families. Aleph is a huge mix of everybody old and young.
Regarding schools, Darchei noam and magen avot are both chareidi open minded with secular education. They are both elementary schools until 8th grade. I know nothing about high schools as I have only elementary age kids but I know a girl who went to Pninei Chein and from what I heard from her it was very American open minded chareidi.

Good luck with your decisions!!

tammy6

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 6:10 pm
Thank you Heartinzion for replying. I appreciate it.
Do you have schools for all your kids already? They are giving me such a hard time.... they say registration is past due and I don’t know what to do!!!!

heartinzion

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 6:45 pm
It's definitely not too late to apply to schools. I would look through the already existing threads about schools in RBS. There are tons. You'll get tons of info. Then email the schools and ask about registration.

heartinzion

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 6:47 pm
Oh, and also, there's a ramat bet shemesh Facebook group that you can join. If you don't have FB it's worth opening an account just to join. Everyone is very helpful there.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 9:53 pm
I was recently in Bet and Alef. There is another recently built neighborhood (much of it still under construction) there across the main road that goes from Bet Shemesh all the way through Alef. That neighborhood is called Mishkafayim and it may have some housing options. For us older folks, Mishkafayim has retirement housing but you need playgrounds and schools. The playgrounds in Alef are fantastic and I met a young Canadian woman with 4 girls who had been in Alef since August of 2017 so her kids were put in Hebrew speaking schools but they were picking up the language.

Alef has tons of shopping and doctors offices.

Gimmel if further from Bet and you might want to find out how often the buses run and how many of the goods and services that you use frequently are there. I would think that there are plenty of business opportunities in Gimmel but I didn't have a chance to see it.

My son and his family lives in Bet and the kids go to the Chabad school which has all of the government approved secular subjects.

There are websites with real estate prices in RBS.

devash1

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 12:59 am
Hi I live in RBS. I'm running out the door now but you're welcome to PM me or ask questions here and I will try and answer them later. We sound a lot like you and send to Darchei Noam, Bnos Malcha, and have a daughter going into high school hopefully toPeneni Chen. Gimmel is definitely a younger Community although there are some families that are considered older.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions