Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
"Mixed" Family Reunion ANYWHERE: Go!!!!
Previous  1  2

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 11:51 pm
OP here: with apologies to anyone who is/was/will be offended by the word "go", I have removed it from the title.

Thank you to everyone who is answering the posted question! This is a huge help and giving us koach that we might be able to swing this!

Those of you who went on cruises, which ones would you recommend? (p.s. very well-traveled extended family [not mine!] so the basic "Love Boat" to Bermuda is not going to be well-received....)

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 11:52 pm
OP here: Forgot that you can't edit as anon. Oh well. My apologies. I had no idea it was a s sensitive word to inclue

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 12:06 am
I've done the family reunion in Tuscany (in a 'agro-tourismo' place with villas). I brought dairy pot and pan, cutlery and pasta, CY cheese, cereals, etc (to list a few things). We went to Rome for meat resto. We bought kosher wine in Pitigliano (not sure if it still exists). The non-kosher group ate non kosher (joined us for kosher meals in Rome and Florence). I did have to cook (bought fresh produce from the market. I bought one sharp knife from the market with the intention of toiveling it later (I didn't want to pack the knife)...

It was a beautiful vacation... the trip of a lifetime. We drank all the wine we had purchased (it was supposed to be gifts for friends back home).

If you guys are into hiking, sports, etc, I can make other suggestions.

DVOM

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 6:49 am
I'm going to suggest the obvious. What about NYC? It's a wonderful place to visit as a tourist, with tons of entertainment options, beautiful hotels, and loads of kosher restaurant options for your family and some of the best non-kosher restaurants in the world for your extended family. The same would go for any big European or American city with a large Jewish presence- LA, Miami, London, Paris... are any of these options?

fmt4

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 7:49 am
amother wrote:
OP here: Forgot that you can't edit as anon. Oh well. My apologies. I had no idea it was a s sensitive word to inclue

It isn’t. People are being ridiculous Rolling Eyes

Raisin

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 10:22 am
If you go to Europe there is a shop in Antwerp that delivers all over Europe, including meat, cheese etc. Kosher4u.eu.

I've never used them but a lot of people I know do and are very happy with the the service.

tichellady

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 10:32 am
amother wrote:
OP here: with apologies to anyone who is/was/will be offended by the word "go", I have removed it from the title.

Thank you to everyone who is answering the posted question! This is a huge help and giving us koach that we might be able to swing this!

Those of you who went on cruises, which ones would you recommend? (p.s. very well-traveled extended family [not mine!] so the basic "Love Boat" to Bermuda is not going to be well-received....)

Alaska cruise? Cruise around greeece and Italy and croatia? What interests you?

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 10:39 am
Tuscany is amazing so I vote for that for your trip.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 12:56 pm
There's a kosher home thing in Tuscany, cannot remember the name... Maybe google guest house ksher Italy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics