Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chassidish girls schools in Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Chayalle

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 11:00 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Just a heads up..

I have a business rel-ship with several mothers in in TC. They told me that the school is planning on instituting a no driving rule, if they haven't already..

I'm surprised. I know some people who send to TC (not many, admittedly) and I can't imagine them not driving.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 11:48 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Just a heads up..

I have a business rel-ship with several mothers in in TC. They told me that the school is planning on instituting a no driving rule, if they haven't already..
If this is true it would bother me a lot. I'm OP

LiLIsraeli

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 11:50 am
I'm also very surprised at this. I know families who send to Tiferes Chaya and they're more heimish than chasidish. I can't imagine anyone following this.

cnc

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 11:53 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Just a heads up..

That would be really wierd. I know a number of people that send there and can’t imagine this rule working out or being enforced...

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 11:56 am
I don't think they can do that. Too many driving moms.
And there is no demand for such a type of school with this rule.
Chassidish people with such a mindset have their own schools, Belz, Satmar etc. And even there the women are trying to get their rebbe to allow driving. As for the rest of the Chassidish women living or moving out to Lakewood, those who do not belong to specific kehillas as mentioned above, drive or are planning to.

keym

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 12:04 pm
I Heard the idea in general. That many chassidishe schools feel that as more chassidim come to Lakewood, their "pool of potential parents" are expanding and they are able to request rules that will "make them more exclusive or sought after".
Ive heard driving, shaitel length, headcovering type, and stocking type also streimel/hat tpe etc are also on the list.
But I heard the schools are just talking. Didnt realize tc actually is turning it into a rule.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 12:07 pm
I highly doubt that TC will be instituting this rule

They are more middle of the road chassidish.

happyone

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:06 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Just a heads up..

I believe the owner drives so how would that work??

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:28 pm
I hope you ladies are all right.

It seems the "normal " families want the school to stay that way. But three mothers that I know who don't drive, want it to become in their words an "ekt chasidishe mosdos" (the real thing)..

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:36 pm
keym wrote:
I Heard the idea in general. That many chassidishe schools feel that as more chassidim come to Lakewood, their "pool of potential parents" are expanding and they are able to request rules that will "make them more exclusive or sought after".
Ive heard driving, shaitel length, headcovering type, and stocking type also streimel/hat tpe etc are also on the list.
But I heard the schools are just talking. Didnt realize tc actually is turning it into a rule.

Dif amother here.
Very disappointing to hear that. I thought lakewood would be a bit more tolerant.

If there's any truth to this then in just a few years the schools will be just as bad in extremism and control as the BP schools.

Is there ANY place a chassidish family can feel comfortable in without the extremism and control?!

asmileaday

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:40 pm
21young wrote:
If you share which schools your children are in now we could help you identify how chassidish you’re looking for. In order from less chassidish to more:
Bais Tova - Rabbi Sanders (They don’t want fathers who wear a streimel)
Bnos Penina - Mrs. Paskesz
Kesser BY, now called Bnos Hadassa - Rabbi Blum, Mrs. Leiser
Tiferes Chaya - ?
Bais Rochel - Rabbi Phillip
Bnos Bina - ?

Please please before you buy a house get your kids into school, and keep a very open mind. You probably will not get into the school of your first choice and you have to be okay with exploring other options.

How can the bolded happen if, from what I hear, schools/chedarim won't bother with you if you don't have a lakewood address?

cnc

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:44 pm
asmileaday wrote:
How can the bolded happen if, from what I hear, schools/chedarim won't bother with you if you don't have a lakewood address?

Exactly- which is why many people I know just gave up on the idea of moving to Lakewood or surrounding areas unless they are willing to “settle” on any school that agrees to take them - even if it’s not one that they would have ordinarily sent to.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:54 pm
cnc wrote:
Exactly- which is why many people I know just gave up on the idea of moving to Lakewood or surrounding areas unless they are willing to “settle” on any school that agrees to take them - even if it’s not one that they would have ordinarily sent to.

And then when hashkafos don't match up imamother is quick to say well you chose the school you gotta follow their rules.

Sad state of affairs.

21young

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:55 pm
asmileaday wrote:

I agree it’s a catch-22 but you can’t move here expecting to get into your first choice and then have your kids sit home for months...I think it’s possible to get in before you move here, but extremely difficult.

gesher

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 2:17 pm
There's anew school opening up for girls- bnos chinuch. Mrs Berger from bais Rochel Monsey is the dean- curriculum director. Their chinuch focus is supposed to be different than all regular schools. They recently had a get together with some parents who are sending there. It's a mixed chassidish parent body as of now. Their havara is chassidish. Its worth a shot. I'm probably sending there- I'm neutral heimish...

giselle

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 2:37 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Just a heads up..

I honestly don’t believe this. I’m not chasidish but know enough ppl in that school who are not even remotely in that league, and I also don’t believe that a Lakewood school would do this as it’s very difficult to get around Lakewood without a car.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 2:53 pm
gesher wrote:
There's anew school opening up for girls- bnos chinuch. Mrs Berger from bais Rochel Monsey is the dean- curriculum director. Their chinuch focus is supposed to be different than all regular schools. They recently had a get together with some parents who are sending there. It's a mixed chassidish parent body as of now. Their havara is chassidish. Its worth a shot. I'm probably sending there- I'm neutral heimish...
chinuch focus different -- how? What ages are they starting with?

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 3:11 pm
There is no way TC is instituting a no driving rule.

-Family friend of the owner

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 3:34 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Just a heads up..

This is complete nonsense! I send to tiferes chaya and ALL the mothers drive and staff drive. Its not that type at all so certainly no concerns as far as the no driving.
Were thrilled there and its a very warm friendly atmosphere. Its a small school so not every grade has a paralel, that may be something you want to check for your daughters grade because its important.
It is difficult to get in but if you have connections it may help

balibusta

Post Sat, Feb 17 2018, 8:49 pm
Bnos Bina could b a serious choice for u, Bais Rochel, Tiferes Chaya and Kessen ( inwoukd say thia order) and maybe some new schools ppl wrote that I not familiar with...happens to be this wasnt listed but the new Bais Rivka Rochel meaning meaning kanareks new school has some streimels )
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics