Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chassidish girls schools in Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 1:36 am
amother wrote:
This is complete nonsense! I send to tiferes chaya and ALL the mothers drive and staff drive. Its not that type at all so certainly no concerns as far as the no driving.
Were thrilled there and its a very warm friendly atmosphere. Its a small school so not every grade has a paralel, that may be something you want to check for your daughters grade because its important.
It is difficult to get in but if you have connections it may help

I would say, at least 80% of Tiferes Chaya mothers & staff drive.

I think the younger classes all have parallel.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:18 pm
gesher wrote:
There's anew school opening up for girls- bnos chinuch. Mrs Berger from bais Rochel Monsey is the dean- curriculum director. Their chinuch focus is supposed to be different than all regular schools. They recently had a get together with some parents who are sending there. It's a mixed chassidish parent body as of now. Their havara is chassidish. Its worth a shot. I'm probably sending there- I'm neutral heimish...
Does anyone know more about this school? What grades are they opening with?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:30 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone know more about this school? What grades are they opening with?

Is this the school Rabinowitz is opening?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 10:08 pm
You should look into the new school thats opening. Bais chinuch. Chasiddish havarah but neutral. More like Bais Rochel. Keser would also be a good fit.

Bnos Bina isnt a fit for you OP. Too chasiddish if your kids are in vien BP.
(Bnos bina is like bais sura)
I'm Curious -do you have any boys? Where are you sending them?

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 10:25 pm
Keser my friend who is more with it and bais brocha graduate sends there. And they teach in yidish but vus havarah not voos. My friend is very happy.

Her sil goes to bnos Pnina and its Bais Yakov BP type. And its a small warm school.

Bais Rochel is ultra yeshivish that speak yidish at home type (originally it was supposed to be satmar but it fell through) but there are quite a few chasidish families there.
Bnos Binooooo is rachmistrivke type ultra chasidish.

Tiferes chaya is most compatible to vien as my friend says

gittylove

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 10:28 pm
amother wrote:
Bnos pnina my friend who is more with it sends there. And they teach in yidish. And its a small warm school. My friend is very happy.
Bais Rochel is ultra yeshivish that speak yidish at home type (originally it was supposed to be satmar but it fell through) but there are quite a few chasidish families there.
Bnos Binooooo is rachmistrivke type ultra chasidish.

Bais rochel is chassidish/yeshivish type. Like Vien bp or more like bais brocha in bp.
Bnos penina is like bais yaakov of bp but just the chassidish with-it section on bybp
Tiferes chaya and Kesler chaya are closer to bais rochel type.
The new school that's opening wants to be like tomer Devorah in bp today. So that would be in between bais rochel and bnos bina

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:10 pm
amother wrote:
You should look into the new school thats opening. Bais chinuch. Chasiddish havarah but neutral. More like Bais Rochel. Keser would also be a good fit.

Bnos Bina isnt a fit for you OP. Too chasiddish if your kids are in vien BP.
(Bnos bina is like bais sura)
I'm Curious -do you have any boys? Where are you sending them?
I'm asking about this school, but I want to know what grades tehy're opening with

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:11 pm
gittylove wrote:
Bais rochel is chassidish/yeshivish type. Like Vien bp or more like bais brocha in bp.
Bnos penina is like bais yaakov of bp but just the chassidish with-it section on bybp
Tiferes chaya and Kesler chaya are closer to bais rochel type.
The new school that's opening wants to be like tomer Devorah in bp today. So that would be in between bais rochel and bnos bina
Tiferes Chaya and Kesser Chaya are 2 diff schools? Bnos Penina used to be Tiferes Bais Yakov? I'm getting confused here.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:31 am
gesher wrote:
There's anew school opening up for girls- bnos chinuch. Mrs Berger from bais Rochel Monsey is the dean- curriculum director. Their chinuch focus is supposed to be different than all regular schools. They recently had a get together with some parents who are sending there. It's a mixed chassidish parent body as of now. Their havara is chassidish. Its worth a shot. I'm probably sending there- I'm neutral heimish...

Which Mrs. Berger of Bais Rochel Monsey? Leah Berger?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:36 am
Does Tiferes Chaya use the chassidish havara?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:
Tiferes Chaya and Kesser Chaya are 2 diff schools? Bnos Penina used to be Tiferes Bais Yakov? I'm getting confused here.

Bnos Penina is Bnos Penina(not familiar with them). Tiferes BY is Tiferes BY (not all chassidish). 2 different schools, both still around.

Then there is Tiferes Chaya and Kesser Bais Yaakov (which officially renamed itself Bnos Hadassah, but everyone still calls it Kesser BY) -both yiddish speaking.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 9:41 pm
Can anyone tell me more about Tiferes Chaya and Kesser Bais Yaakov/Bnos Hadassa?

Does anyone know anything about a vizhnitz affiliated school called bas yisroel?

mom of three bh

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 9:56 pm
Yes, I send my girls to bas yisroel, and I'm extremely happy. They are changing to klausenberg though, that means being under klausenberg authority. Very warm and personal, acedemics like Beis Esther BP. Very lamp is on btznius though

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 10:07 pm
mom of three bh wrote:
Yes, I send my girls to bas yisroel, and I'm extremely happy. They are changing to klausenberg though, that means being under klausenberg authority. Very warm and personal, acedemics like Beis Esther BP. Very lamp is on btznius though
Can you explain this a little more clearly? Are your girls switching schools to klausenberg or is the school merging with klausenberg school? What does the last line mean, about tznius?

mom of three bh

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 11:00 pm
Bas yisroel is merging with klausenberg. They are very makpid on tznius. Sorry it was my spell check that made it unclear

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 8:53 am
mom of three bh wrote:
Bas yisroel is merging with klausenberg. They are very makpid on tznius. Sorry it was my spell check that made it unclear
Ok interesting I did not know this. Do you have any idea what grade they'll go up until? Because I heard bas yisroel goes until 6th, but as far as I knew klausenberg was only opening till pre 1a. So which is it?

And what do you mean about the tznius? How makpid? Which school would their tznius rules compare to in BP?

mom of three bh

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 2:52 pm
They have till 6. As of now pre school is klausenberg, next year elementary will also be klausenberg. Principal of bas yisroel is now elementary principal. Now that it merged with klausenberg tznius rules won't be so tough. With bas yisroel it was probably like viznitz, now it'll be like Beis esther

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 3:11 pm
mom of three bh wrote:
They have till 6. As of now pre school is klausenberg, next year elementary will also be klausenberg. Principal of bas yisroel is now elementary principal. Now that it merged with klausenberg tznius rules won't be so tough. With bas yisroel it was probably like viznitz, now it'll be like Beis esther
So are they only merging next year?

do they have a problem with mothers driving? what are the academics like?

mom of three bh

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 12:14 am
Academics is high level, not crazy, very normal. There are some mothers driving, but those are very fine people who live in Lakewood for years. I wonder what they would say to Brooklyn's who just moved and driving, not sure. They are very chassidish...

dorothy1

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 12:29 pm
amother wrote:
This is complete nonsense! I send to tiferes chaya and ALL the mothers drive and staff drive. Its not that type at all so certainly no concerns as far as the no driving.
Were thrilled there and its a very warm friendly atmosphere. Its a small school so not every grade has a paralel, that may be something you want to check for your daughters grade because its important.
It is difficult to get in but if you have connections it may help

I know very little about this school, but I do know what you are saying is not completely true. My friend sends 3 girls there and she doesn't drive. Maybe most of the parents there do drive, but not 100% of the mothers, that is just not true.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics