Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I am desperately looking to work from home
1  2  Next

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 5:00 pm
I did all of the calculations and right now in life, for the amount of hours I could work, it just does not pay, literally, to travel to work and be out long hours.
I am very desperately looking for an at home job. Please , if anyone has any ideas, in israel, or for american citizens in israel, that would be so helpful.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 5:22 pm
If you're an excellent writer I can offer you a small project. I'm in the states.

holylandgirl

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 7:06 pm
I saw an advert recently that saw you at sinai (frum dating site) are looking to fill a 25 hour a week position. It was both on the phone help to members and computer work, nothing requiring any qualifications... Can't remember too many details but pm me if you're interested and I'll send you the ad.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:42 am
I work here

TAB transcription

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:49 am
amother wrote:
I work here

TAB transcription
I literally just contacted them yesterday.
Can I ask you how long does it take to make an ok salary.
Do you work full time? Can you tell me anything about this job?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:54 am
amother wrote:
I literally just contacted them yesterday.
Can I ask you how long does it take to make an ok salary.
Do you work full time? Can you tell me anything about this job?

I've been there for years already but I think it takes about three months to get through training, get a feel for the work, and build up the file size you think you can handle
I work fulltime.
There are lots of different jurisdictions. Bankruptcy pays the best because the customers want a quick turnaround but newcomers won't be placed there right away most likely. We also do NYC Dept of Ed, family court, unemployment hearings, trial court, and miscellaneous things which are usually more interesting.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:57 am
amother wrote:
I've been there for years already but I think it takes about three months to get through training, get a feel for the work, and build up the file size you think you can handle
I work fulltime.
There are lots of different jurisdictions. Bankruptcy pays the best because the customers want a quick turnaround but newcomers won't be placed there right away most likely. We also do NYC Dept of Ed, family court, unemployment hearings, trial court, and miscellaneous things which are usually more interesting.
so full time, do you make a full time israeli salary? or its less than that? obviously I realize that one has to get there and it takes time, but is it possible to make an ok salary, as in 5k or up?

weasley

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 2:06 am
Op there's constantly stuff on janglo that come up - the work hours are normally American hours tho.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 2:19 am
Do you have a degree? Why must it be work from home?
You are in Israel and speak English. You might want to consider becoming an English teacher. Starting salary is 8k nis for high schools, you work till about 15:30. You have off all your kids' vacations.
If you have a recognized degree, you can get a teaching diploma or Mteach (accelerated MEd and teaching diploma). Think long term, it might be a better plan.

ETA many schools will take you on if you speak English and have a degree in anything, without the teaching diploma. You will earn a bit less though, and you wont be able to get certain salary increases over the years.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 4:04 am
weasley wrote:
Op there's constantly stuff on janglo that come up - the work hours are normally American hours tho.
yes, I see those all of the time. Im hoping to find something during israel hours.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 4:05 am
amother wrote:
Do you have a degree? Why must it be work from home?
You are in Israel and speak English. You might want to consider becoming an English teacher. Starting salary is 8k nis for high schools, you work till about 15:30. You have off all your kids' vacations.
If you have a recognized degree, you can get a teaching diploma or Mteach (accelerated MEd and teaching diploma). Think long term, it might be a better plan.

ETA many schools will take you on if you speak English and have a degree in anything, without the teaching diploma. You will earn a bit less though, and you wont be able to get certain salary increases over the years.
Teaching english is literlly the last thing that I ever wanted to do. And making 8k is with years of teaching under your belt and a teacher's certificate. I dont have one and have no time or money to go back to school now.

As for why from home? Right now in my life, that is what myself and my family needs.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 4:13 am
amother wrote:
Teaching english is literlly the last thing that I ever wanted to do. And making 8k is with years of teaching under your belt and a teacher's certificate. I dont have one and have no time or money to go back to school now.

As for why from home? Right now in my life, that is what myself and my family needs.

Ok. It was just a suggestion. But just FYI since the last strike, 8k is indeed the starting salary for teachers.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 6:08 am
Do you have a BA?

mf6474

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 6:10 am
I work for VIPKID and make $20 an hour. You make your own schedule and can work morning hours. Pm me for more details

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Feb 17 2018, 3:57 pm
amother wrote:
Do you have a BA?
yes I do. why?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Feb 17 2018, 3:59 pm
mf6474 wrote:
I work for VIPKID and make $20 an hour. You make your own schedule and can work morning hours. Pm me for more details
you make 20 dollars an hour from the start of working? or after some time working you make that much?
Do you get paid to your israeli bank account? do you have to have teaching experience?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 2:28 pm
How much does Tab Transcription pay?

mf6474

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 11:34 am
you make 20 dollars an hour from the start of working? or after some time working you make that much?
Do you get paid to your israeli bank account? do you have to have teaching experience?

You get around that much depending on your credentials, but yes right from the beginning. You need an american or canadian bank account and you need at least one year working with kids can be nanny, tutor, music teacher, teaching assistant etc.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 1:48 am
amother wrote:
How much does Tab Transcription pay?

You get paid per page. It often works out that one page= one minute of audio but it's not always exact. Starting out, you'd probably be getting $1-1.25 a page

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 3:53 am
For TAB, how are you paid? As an Israeli? As an American independent contractor?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions