Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I am desperately looking to work from home
Previous  1  2

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:06 am
What are your skills? Do you have any experience in any fields?

I am a marketing writer for hi-tech companies. It pays really well and there is plenty of work to go round. You need to be amazing at writing and also able to deal with very technical information.

If you want to gain experience in it, I imagine it will continue to be highly sought after, as hi-tech in Israel is a growing industry.

I earn minimum 100 shekels per hour and I'm fairly new to the game. I work my own hours, from home, as a freelancer.

heidi

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 7:40 am
amother wrote:
Do you have a degree? Why must it be work from home?
You are in Israel and speak English. You might want to consider becoming an English teacher. Starting salary is 8k nis for high schools, you work till about 15:30. You have off all your kids' vacations.
If you have a recognized degree, you can get a teaching diploma or Mteach (accelerated MEd and teaching diploma). Think long term, it might be a better plan.

ETA many schools will take you on if you speak English and have a degree in anything, without the teaching diploma. You will earn a bit less though, and you wont be able to get certain salary increases over the years.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since you're amother I can't PM you. Do you know anything about getting recognition from משרד החינוך for degrees earned in chutz laretz?
Please pm me
Thanks

sprayonlove

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 7:45 am
amother wrote:
What are your skills? Do you have any experience in any fields?

I am a marketing writer for hi-tech companies. It pays really well and there is plenty of work to go round. You need to be amazing at writing and also able to deal with very technical information.

If you want to gain experience in it, I imagine it will continue to be highly sought after, as hi-tech in Israel is a growing industry.

I earn minimum 100 shekels per hour and I'm fairly new to the game. I work my own hours, from home, as a freelancer.

How did you get started in this field? And what kind of qualifications do you need?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:22 am
sprayonlove wrote:
How did you get started in this field? And what kind of qualifications do you need?

You need a degree, good course, or experience in something technical, like computers or engineering, and then some marketing writing experience. I did a technical writing course, and am now in the middle of a computing degree. I started writing product descriptions for a website for 40 shekels an hour, then after a year managed to get a freelance job writing some blog articles for businesses, which paid 350 shekels per post and gave me a portfolio of writing. After that, I ventured into marketing writing for hi-tech companies, the pay rate soared and it was well worth it. And that's only a couple of years into it all. The future looks bright too, BH.

ProudMommie

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:28 am
If you are interested in writing work please pm me.

fish

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 10:14 pm
mf6474 wrote:
I work for VIPKID and make $20 an hour. You make your own schedule and can work morning hours. Pm me for more details

Do you have a bachelors degree?

achayl

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 1:12 am
Is there an equivalent to TAB Transcriptions for someone who is not American?

Mother Duck

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 3:02 pm
I am good at writing and would love to utilize my skills as a freelancer. I have A BA.

Ms. Hi Tech writer - Can you PM me - it sounds like a super interesting field and I want to hear more and ask you something

Any other writing offers, please PM me.

Thanks!

Mother Duck

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 3:04 pm
Also,

Anyone interested in very basic entry level amazon work, PM me for details.
Pay $12/hr
Flexible Hours

Shoshana37

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 3:42 pm
Mother Duck wrote:
Also,

Pay $12/hr
Flexible Hours

I’m interested but I’m having trouble PMing you. Can you please pm? Thank you

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 3:48 pm
heidi wrote:
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since you're amother I can't PM you. Do you know anything about getting recognition from משרד החינוך for degrees earned in chutz laretz?
Please pm me
Thanks

Sorry, I just saw this now. I dont know anything about that as I earned my degree here.
I think משרד החינוך has a special אגף that deals with it. Call their main number and ask.
AFAIK degrees from decent universities are usually recognized, teaching certificates not necessarily. If one has to do a teaching certificate it's sometimes about the same amount of effort to do an Mteach (teaching certificate and MEd).

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 5:12 pm
So many work from home scams Its good to know some are legit!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 2:13 am
achayl wrote:
Is there an equivalent to TAB Transcriptions for someone who is not American?

If I remember right, you can be non-American, as long as you use American spelling and grammar (ie no "u" favorite or color).
It's worth looking into in any case

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 2:23 am
Mother Duck wrote:
Also,

Pay $12/hr
Flexible Hours

I am please contact me

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 4:32 am
Wow, this thread is amazing. I am the OP. First of all, just a few days after I posted this, I got a job, 5 minute drive from home and also with a fine salary as well. Hashem works in funny ways.
Good luck to all of you posters who are still looking for work.

rzab

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 5:01 am
heidi wrote:
Please pm me
Thanks

I did this two years ago and I am in the middle of the process of getting my license. Feel free to pm me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions