Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Help me with roasted sweet potatoes

artsy

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 11:24 am
Does anyone have a really good roasted sweet potato recipe that doesn't come out dry an I can use bigger chunks?
I see sometimes at the take out counters looks very moist and browned a little.
Don't want anything overly sweet.
And please healthy ingredients ( I would use honey but not white sugar or not pancake syrup) No canned foods
Anyone>>

tichellady

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 11:36 am
I don’t follow a recipe but I roast covered first for about 15 minutes ( use oil, salt and pepper) and then uncover and stir every 10 minutes ( all at 425). If it looks dry add some oil spray or a little bit of broth or water. I like to add shallots and shitake mushrooms, ginger, garlic and coconut aminos in the last 10-15 minutes.

If you don’t want mushrooms, you can add fresh rosemary or thyme and garlic towards the end and a little bit of maple syrup, honey or silan.

watergirl

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 11:42 am
I literally cut into desired sized chunks, drizzle a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, coat, and roast on a single layer on a cookie sheet at 400 until done. Addictive, simple, healthy, delicious. Not dry at all.

nycgal

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 11:48 am
This is my go to recipe.
http://overtimecook.com/2013/0.....toes/
I sometimes switch out the basil and parsley with cumin.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 12:48 pm
Yum. I just cut them in spears, drizzle GENEROUSLY with oil, and sprinkle with crushed garlic (fresh or the frozen cubes), black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Bake uncovered until inside is soft (outside will be crispy).

You are tempting me to expand my Shabbos menu for tonight....

watergirl

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 12:52 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Yum. I just cut them in spears, drizzle GENEROUSLY with oil, and sprinkle with crushed garlic (fresh or the frozen cubes), black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Bake uncovered until inside is soft (outside will be crispy).

You are tempting me to expand my Shabbos menu for tonight....

Peel fresh beets, slice them a bit smaller than the sweet potato, and add them to your mix. I hate beets and this is delicious.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 12:53 pm
watergirl wrote:
I literally cut into desired sized chunks, drizzle a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, coat, and roast on a single layer on a cookie sheet at 400 until done. Addictive, simple, healthy, delicious. Not dry at all.

This.
I love sweet potato with salt. For chunks it will probably be ready after 40 minutes.

giselle

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:23 pm
I’ve also added a little truffle oil and balsamic (with olive oil and sea salt)

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 2:25 pm
Yum. I think I'm going to roast some sweet potatoe now...

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 2:30 pm
If it's dry, you're probably not coating it in oil enough. You don't need to use tons of oil but you do need it to be covered thoroughly.

saralem

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 2:47 pm
Toss in halved Brussels sprouts and red onion too. Great combo. I make it like Water girl.

esuss

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 3:05 pm
I lay sliced sweet potato in pan drizzle honey and cinnamon on it. Pour a little orange juice on the bottom of the pan. Delicious! Very moist.

vicki

Post Sat, Feb 17 2018, 1:39 pm
Just dress with olive oil and salt. I bake uncovered until the inside is soft.
Crispy outside and moist inside. Just made it for Shabbos.

Teomima

Post Sat, Feb 17 2018, 4:52 pm
I prefer to bake mine whole. Nothing added. They retain all their natural moisture and sweetness this way. Once they're cooked and cooled I'll slice them into thick rounds, then reheat and serve them that way.

Karnash

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 1:21 am
For the moistest, sweetest-tasting sweet potatoes, roast them whole, unpeeled (prick the top) on a bed of kosher salt (not table salt). You'll never make them any other way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes