Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Girl names for Sivan or Tammuz
1  2  Next

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 8:35 am
I'm due in Tammuz (late June) but hoping she comes early/mid-June so that she will be a Sivan baby. Idk I guess because Tammuz is just one of those months.... I was also born on Tammuz so certain middot during that month (esp for a girl) are .... Confused BH none the less....

That said, I need girl names. I am attracted to Kimchit (I know not a popular one) esp if born in Tammuz to elicit fine qualities of modesty & femininity. But idk what the name actually means. Any other suggestions?

etky

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 8:37 am
Sivan.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 8:42 am
amother wrote:
I'm due in Tammuz (late June) but hoping she comes early/mid-June so that she will be a Sivan baby. Idk I guess because Tammuz is just one of those months.... I was also born on Tammuz so certain middot during that month (esp for a girl) are .... Confused BH none the less....

That said, I need girl names. I am attracted to Kimchit (I know not a popular one) esp if born in Tammuz to elicit fine qualities of modesty & femininity. But idk what the name actually means. Any other suggestions?

I've never ever heard of a person's middos depending on the month they were born in. That's sad, to already believe someone will have a specific bad trait, before they're even born. But I do believe in beliefs, that your beliefs have power, so you can choose to believe in something or not. The power is in the belief, not as much as the stuff you believe in. I also believe that middos have a lot to do with one's upbringing.

I have a Taamuz daughter and she bh has wonderful middos.

nia73

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 8:48 am
Actually, I think she has a basis as it isn't that the month "defines" our middot & that is it. HaShem created the set times of year/month/hour/second where certain things prevail. The thing is as Jews, unlike non jews, we are above this because we have the mitzvot to elevate us and fight against the yetzer hara that comes with those times.

I think she is saying that she is trying to get a name that helps enhance the good middot based on the time of year her baby will be born. Am I right OP?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:03 am
Just curious, what is that bad midda from Tammuz?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:05 am
For the month of Sivan:
Rus/Ruth
Naomi

nia73

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:12 am
From what I have heard immodesty (golden calf), overly emotional, clingy until hurt (crab).

However good points are intelligent, loyal, hard working, caring/great caregivers.

Obviously each mazal has gr8 components and others we have to work on BH. All apart of our test.

Rav Kin out of LA has a whole series explaining BH:

https://youtu.be/zhzNLYqyC50

OP maybe listen to the ones about Gemini:

https://youtu.be/he9-Y9CyOEM
https://youtu.be/EVoH4Z2dcbM

octopus

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:16 am
Jews are l'maalaeh min hamazalos.

octopus

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:17 am
To me tammuz and the month of Av are about the destruction of the beis hamikdash so I would choose a name to commemorate that. Like nechama or tziona.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:17 am
Yes@ Nia73 those are my sentiments.

I want to pick a name that will help her in her test as much as possible, not hinder. Like ex: the name Adina would not work as it has the potential to carry immodest traits which could be amplified by being born on Tammuz. Not to say a person HAS to be that but the reality is the combo is not the best.

Thank you for the links. I will check them out.

octopus

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:24 am
Maybe basya for some extra yiras shamayim.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 11:41 am
amother wrote:

I want to pick a name that will help her in her test as much as possible, not hinder. Like ex: the name Adina would not work as it has the potential to carry immodest traits which could be amplified by being born on Tammuz. Not to say a person HAS to be that but the reality is the combo is not the best.

Can you explain that please?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 12:10 pm
amother wrote:

This is so weird. I happen to be expecting a girl in Tammuz and planned on naming her Adina. What's wrong with that combo in Tammuz? What is the potential of immodest traits? I always thought Adina meant gentle and noble. Please help me understand here.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 12:56 pm
I have a daughter born in Tammuz. We only name for family, so sheโ€™s named after the person whose name we picked out ahead of time, without consideration for the month. Sheโ€™s only 2.5, but she seems pretty normal for my family dynamic.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 1:06 pm
octopus wrote:
Jews are l'maalaeh min hamazalos.

This.

tichellady

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 1:12 pm
Emunah, geulah, yehudit, yocheved, miriam all seem to fit the bill. Kimchit means flour ( I believe)

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 1:36 pm
tichellady wrote:
Emunah, geulah, yehudit, yocheved, miriam all seem to fit the bill. Kimchit means flour ( I believe)

Flour like for baking?

nia73

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 1:38 pm
There is a book in Hebrew called Shemot. It explains to the T there.....

Maybe more on the mystical side, so not spoken of commonly.......

Last edited by nia73 on Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

tichellady

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:
Flour like for baking?

I believe itโ€™s a derivation of kemech- like flour for bread

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 10:09 pm
nia73 wrote:
From what I have heard immodesty (golden calf), overly emotional, clingy until hurt (crab).

However good points are intelligent, loyal, hard working, caring/great caregivers.

Obviously each mazal has gr8 components and others we have to work on BH. All apart of our test.

Rav Kin out of LA has a whole series explaining BH:

https://youtu.be/zhzNLYqyC50

OP maybe listen to the ones about Gemini:

https://youtu.be/he9-Y9CyOEM
https://youtu.be/EVoH4Z2dcbM

My mother in law is born in Tammuz and is the polar opposite of those traits ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ she's very modest, level-headed, and fiercely independent.
Jews are above the mazalos...don't worry about this at all!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names