Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Overwhelmed mornings

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 7:19 pm
Please tell me I’m not the only one who cries when the kids leave for school in the morning? And not because I miss them, ( I do, but that’s not the reason for my crying) but because it’s just so hard and frustrating and overwhelming when they don’t listen and running late. I just break down and cry.. Sad

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 7:23 pm
Hugs! Sad

I hope you find something to take your mind off sad thoughts. I'm sure lots of people cry for various reasons.

My mother always says, "if you ever find yourself crying and you don't know why, it means Hashem wants your tears. So turn to Him with all your Bakashos"

I did that for many years and Baruch Hashem I always felt better afterwards.

Try it. You might actually be happy you did.

ETA: sorry for your pain!

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 7:59 pm
We've all been there... Try planning in ur mind what you can do.to make it go smother. That worked for me. If it's one child resistance to getting dressed ill make a contest. If its resistance to breakfast choices ill find something new...try to make things change for ur own sanity!

rachelbg

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 12:08 am
We dress the kids at night for the next morning. Try it- it can change your whole morning experience!

momomany

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 4:16 am
I'm sorry you are having such difficult mornings. I can share what helps me. I prepare eeverything possible the night before-clothes, shoes,briefcase,coat... we even talk.about what they want for breakfast at bedtime and most of all what helps is figuring out how much time you.need in the morn g and adding extra to make time.for that last iminute bathroom,or nosebleed or breakfast spilled in.lap or just plain meltdown. For me it means waking the kids a full hour before I expect the bus. Gl!

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 9:18 am
One thing that has helped with the morning rush is switching to disposable dishes for breakfast. I hate being wasteful, but not having to deal with cleaning dishes in the morning has been so helpful.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 10:19 am
Sticker charts for an yone age 2 and up! Saved my life. Break it down to. Modeh ani and netilat yedayim? Sticker. Get dressed nicely? (With or without help maybe specify) Sticker. Ate bkfast nicely? Sticker. At front door with coat? Tick.
Another thing worked for me. Show your kids depending on age on the clock at what time stuff should happen. Ex we must be innthe kitchen by 7:30 am. And coats on by 8am. This helps them a bit see the schedule.
I sometimes feel for kids. We rush them like mad people (understandably) but some times they have no idea of why the sudden rush or what's the hurry . Teaching them a bit of time management helps them here.
Good luck.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 10:21 am
Sticker charts for an yone age 2 and up! Saved my life. Break it down to. Modeh ani and netilat yedayim? Sticker. Get dressed nicely? (With or without help maybe specify) Sticker. Ate bkfast nicely? Sticker. At front door with coat? Tick.
Another thing worked for me. Show your kids depending on age on the clock at what time stuff should happen. Ex we must be innthe kitchen by 7:30 am. And coats on by 8am. This helps them a bit see the schedule.
I sometimes feel for kids. We rush them like mad people (understandably) but some times they have no idea of why the sudden rush or what's the hurry . Teaching them a bit of time management helps them here.
Good luck.

Emotional

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 7:14 pm
rachelbg wrote:
We dress the kids at night for the next morning. Try it- it can change your whole morning experience!

I've heard of people who do this, and I suppose it can work, but don't they wake up looking wrinkly and disheveled? Not to mention leaky diapers/pull-ups?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children