Home

S/o"frummer"-an acceptance exercise-what does YOUR Rav hold?
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

salamanca

Post  Tue, Feb 05 2019, 1:24 pm
Didn't read all the posts, so maybe this was already answered: for those who don't have to fast for 2 years pp, what fasts are we talking about?
BTW - I never heard of such a thing

essie14

Post  Tue, Feb 05 2019, 1:38 pm
salamanca wrote:
Didn't read all the posts, so maybe this was already answered: for those who don't have to fast for 2 years pp, what fasts are we talking about?
BTW - I never heard of such a thing

It means the minor fasts. Everything except YK and Tisha B'Av.

amother

Wine

Post  Tue, Feb 05 2019, 2:16 pm
It is actually a little depressing reading some of these posts about TH, because my child bearing years would have been so much less stressful had my rav held many of the things others ravs apparently do.

silbergirl

Post  Tue, Feb 05 2019, 2:53 pm
Thanks for that thread!

Cheiny

Post  Tue, Feb 05 2019, 4:59 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Quote:
let us practice the art of being accepting and understanding of our differences, and learn to acknowledge that they ARE ALL CORRECT so long as they were directed by ones Rav.

I appreciate your post, but just want to point out that not everyone here holds that all the things you posted require approval from a rav.

Yup, some don’t hold from asking a rav anything that they don’t want to hear “no” about....

little neshamala

Post  Tue, Feb 05 2019, 6:08 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Yup, some don’t hold from asking a rav anything that they don’t want to hear “no” about....

Ah, its ok, the truth is I really do ask my Rav a whole lot more than most people likely do. I think she just meant that a lot of the things I mentioned, most people wouldnt even think to run through a Rav, because they know the halacha as pretty obvious and straightforward.
Which is totally cool.
The only reason I run so many things through my Rav is because ive learned that I can pretty much be surprised about anything. And I can also get a little OCD about halacha...so it helps me to clarify. Mind you, sometimes im pleasantly surprised, and other times, when hes more machmir, just not.
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Recent Topics

Page 10 of 10 View latest: 24h 48h 72h