Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What made you smile today?
1  2  Next

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 10:04 pm
I saw a bus driver bring his bus to a full stop, and send his "bus monitor" out to help an elderly man with a walker cross the street, when the walker got stuck in a pothole.

Mi K'amcha Yisrael!

These moments give me hope for the future.

I also once witnessed a woman pay someone else's grocery bill (on account) while she paid for hers as well...

It was so beautiful.

tiger88

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 10:25 pm
I got a 67 on this test I studied for hours but my grade was the above the class average. So I smiled

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 10:44 pm
my 7 month old rolled over! b'H!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 10:53 pm
My toddler cheering herself on every time she stood alone.

My daughter reading the Spotlight magazine patiently to her sister.

rainbow

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 10:59 pm
Not today. Hopefully tomorrow.

gold21

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:00 pm
My son told me that he was picked 8th out of 27 for baseball today in yeshiva, and that he got two RBIs Tongue Out I find the whole baseball culture, which my boys have introduced me to, funny and interesting. It made me smile, so that's good. Cool

Last edited by gold21 on Fri, Feb 23 2018, 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

mommmmmmmmmmy

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:19 pm

Last edited by mommmmmmmmmmy on Wed, Feb 28 2018, 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total

pooki

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:26 pm
My trip to amazing savings

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:31 pm
The comment about being classy on the toes thread LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

animeme

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 12:07 am
My ASD child did a new mainstream activity that involved being off schedle and in a new environment, voluntarily, and did well and enjoyed.

Thank you for this topic, Jewishfoodie.

anonymrs

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 12:10 am
My kids look adorable in the purim costumes I made for them.

ila

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 12:12 am
My son in his costume! It fits him perfectly bh and he was soo happy! Thank you for the topic! Really needed

Blessing1

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 12:56 am
My sister got engaged! Bh!
My set shabbos table.

heidi

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 1:09 am
It's only 8am. But last night my 2nd grader told me in great detail about a new project in school. He's my youngest and my older children never told me anything about school. I usually found out through other sources. Well this morning I opened my email and there was a detailed mail about the new project, with all the little details he had remembered. It made me smile.

yidisheh mama

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 1:40 am
DH bought me chocolate for my birthday!

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 2:13 am
animeme wrote:
My ASD child did a new mainstream activity that involved being off schedle and in a new environment, voluntarily, and did well and enjoyed.

Thank you for this topic, Jewishfoodie.

wow! congratulations! as a sis of a teen 'on the spectrum' I can appreciate the amazingness of what you wrote above.

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 8:13 am
I woke up this morning to a text message from my DH, (who leaves the house at 5)
"it's colder than it looks outside so dress warmly.." 😊

Then I answered my bell and my son in law dropped off 2 huge bags of laundry because my daughters washing machine is on strike and they don't live close to a laundromat. So I smiled again.. (But not as much. It was more an almost smile... )

SYA

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 11:47 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:

I also once witnessed a woman pay someone else's grocery bill (on account) while she paid for hers as well...

I saw a similar incident last Friday. A man who asks for tzedakah in the street was counting his money and only had $4 for the $20 of food he needed for Shabbos. The man behind him on the checkout line is quite well off financially. He called the owner aside and told him he's paying the bill anonymously.

SYA

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 11:53 am
Met my little sister this morning. We live quite close but I only see her about once in 2-4 weeks cause of our schedules.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 6:57 pm
Erev Shabbos I had made too much cholent by accident (too much meat. It was already defrosted and I didne want to refreeze the meat) and the guest I had didn't justify the amount of meat. For some reason we never eat leftovers so I knew I would be throwing out the meat after the seuda.

Prior the seuda, a neighbor came by hysterical that her flame went out the night before and she just noticed.

I felt like a million bucks telling her the story of "too much meat" and Baruch Hashem, none was wasted!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics