Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What do you do to reward yourself?

Brooklynite1

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 6:34 am
When you do something that you really worked on and was difficult, even something small, do you reward yourself? Do you do anything else to tell yourself it was a job well done? I'm really working on this thing where I actually feel good about accomplishments large and small instead of "taking myself for granted." Is anyone else working on this? A master at this? What works for you to keep pushing through endless to-do lists and days when so much is demanded of you and keep a (genuine) smile on your face? Very Happy

sitting

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 7:07 am
I promise myself if I put up a big soup (mon am) and fold the laundry I soak in the tub right after. I have 2 mornings I dont do carpool and stay in pjs till kids leave then clean house....then a nice long shower before dressing at my leisure!
Manicures are treats for before yt...
Facial twice a yr bf pesach and rh.
Thats about it. Keeps me going though. Its up to you...what you enjoy or need.
For me its Small treats each week....be it a starbucks or a bath or a gym class....and big treats when the going is tougher.... massage, new shoes, facial....
But only you know wgat is a treat for you. For me going to the gym class is no treat. For some a facial may be a 6 wk standard....
Defo reward yourself.
" when a mama aint happy aint nobody happy!"

chocolatecake

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 7:25 am
My baby was up for 2.5 hours in middle of the night last night. I still managed to make my sons bus and get my daughter to school on time and me to work on time. I just went across the street to the bakery and bought myself a danish Smile

Brooklynite1

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 9:22 am
sitting wrote:
I promise myself if I put up a big soup (mon am) and fold the laundry I soak in the tub right after. I have 2 mornings I dont do carpool and stay in pjs till kids leave then clean house....then a nice long shower before dressing at my leisure!
Manicures are treats for before yt...
Facial twice a yr bf pesach and rh.
Thats about it. Keeps me going though. Its up to you...what you enjoy or need.
For me its Small treats each week....be it a starbucks or a bath or a gym class....and big treats when the going is tougher.... massage, new shoes, facial....
But only you know wgat is a treat for you. For me going to the gym class is no treat. For some a facial may be a 6 wk standard....
Defo reward yourself.
" when a mama aint happy aint nobody happy!"

I love it! I think I found a master! I think I definitely need to find more ways to reward myself! I'll have to get creative as we are on a budget but sometimes experiential things can be fun too. Like a date where I get to pick the activity vs. DH gets to pick the activity. Surprises are good too but for an extra special treat maybe I can pick something out...will have to get a little creative but I think also sharing this process of trying to be nice to myself with DH could be good as well. Bh he is very encouraging and fun in general.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics