Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Will bands/hats on a fall wig give me headaches?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Feb 26 2018, 9:58 pm
I'm pretty sensitive. Right now I have comfy wigs (large sizes, regular full wigs) that I can wear all day. I'd like to maybe get a fall (Irene) but am nervous to risk headaches from the hats or headbands I'd wear with it. Anyone have this issue?

seeker

Post Mon, Feb 26 2018, 11:44 pm
In my experience, no.
Because the hairline of the band fall is farther back than a regular wig, it tugs at your hair differently which may either be an issue or may take some getting used to. Personally I find it more comfortable than a full wig but I'm very sensitive so it still bothers me sometimes.
But the headbands themselves do not cause tension, they're basically there just for looks to cover the edge of the wig and whatever additional of your hair you want to cover. You can buy headbands that adjust in back, like bra strap adjustments, and make them perfect so they're not too tight or too loose.
No experience with hats over the fall but I'd assume it's the same.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 26 2018, 11:45 pm
Hat falls are awesome. Hair in my face makes me uptight and gives me headaches but a hat fall is light are airy and so are my hats.

lucky14

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 1:32 am
I'm not super sensitive but I just want to say that my fall is SOO much more comfy than my sheitel! I don't feel like the headbands and hats make it feel tighter- I agree with what Beige says about the airy feeling.

animeme

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 6:30 am
I hate hats unless they are the super comfy cotton ones that aren't tight. It may depend on the size of your head.

I liked my band fall too- no hair in my face! I only wore either adjustable bands or thin scarves I could the myself. My bigger issue was the fall itself; make sure you try it on with a band and a hat before you buy, to see how the hairline feels. Some felt fine, and some didn't.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 6:39 am
I am moderately sensitive. The only type of wig I've ever worn is a hat fall. I only get uncomfortable if I do a sloppy job of putting it on in the morning so that it slips backward where the front of the fall doesn't cover my hairline.
If you get a hat fall with clips that are sewn in, you might want to remove them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics