Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How many Mishloach Manos do you give out?
1  2  3  Next

How many MM do you give out?
1-10  
 16%  [ 35 ]
10-25  
 32%  [ 67 ]
25-50  
 36%  [ 77 ]
50-100  
 11%  [ 25 ]
100+  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 209

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 11:12 am
With all the talk about MM stress, I'm curious how many other people give out each year. Only count those that you make with the intention of going out to distribute, not extras you keep or any that you recycle to unexpected people who show up.

Also feel free to include any other relevant info - where you live, how many go to Rebbeim/Moros/kids' friends, how many go to your or DH's students who all come by, etc. And please no judging or bashing what anybody else does (or doesn't!) do.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 11:51 am
55 for immediate neighbors, teachers, therapists and siblings only. No friends, we all agree, no stress.
Kids give out 20.

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 11:54 am
12-15 to Adults and 5 for kids to other kids. I am not the life of the party with a million friends so usually 6 to teachers and 6-8 to friends/neighbors/rebbeim. My oldest gets 4 and my middle can give one.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 12:15 pm
100+ for neighbors, friends, rebbeim/teachers, etc. DH knows everyone and I don't want anyone to feel bad. Plus 12 each for each child. Adult MM cost about $2 to put together, maybe a bit more if you count the label (printed at home) and ribbon ($3 per roll and I use about 3). Kids' are about $1-2 each.

ETA: we also send some nicer corporate MM - like less than 10 - to some business people, not sure if those count.

esther11

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 12:19 pm
I voted 10-25 for our friends and neighbors.
We also made another 40+ of simple ones for my husbands students and any of my ds 3 year old friends

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 12:23 pm
And then 3 for 3 teachers.
Bosses, neighbors friends all included in 25.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 12:32 pm
I'm making 13 then repackaging and recycling from what I get.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 12:34 pm
I give out about 16.

mommyhood

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 12:35 pm
40 for neighbors, friends and teachers. Kids give out 10-15 each, mostly to neighbors since I don't have time to drive to so many friends. I keep the family MM to about $3 each and the kids to $1.50 each. It adds up but we love it.

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 12:45 pm
I make 16 and always have left over. Add the oone child’s rebbe, 5 morahs, thats all. So we actually make maybe 20 but like I said, always have left overs from our first bunch. I dont give to everyone I’ve ever met. I let each of my kids make 5, thats a seperate cheshbon.

lfab

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 1:05 pm
I usually give out about 12-15 which includes neighbors, friends, and dh siblings who we get together with for the seudah. Most of the teachers I give through the school. Pre-school morahs I try to go to if they send home their address. We also give out 20-25 kids mm. I let each of my 3 school aged children pick 4 friends each that I will drive them to (if they live too far then I tell them they need to pick someone else). Each child usually has 1-2 friends come to the house as well, and we give to a few kids on our block as well (only 2 families with young kids on my block that we are friendly with). Plus we give to some of their cousins at the seudah (they each give to the ones their age for sure and the older/younger kids depends on how many we have left over).
Since we don't give out so many I don't mind spending a bit more (still no more than $3-$4 eacj) or making more labor intensive mm. If I had to give out 50+ mm I would have to keep the cost and labor intensiveness way down.

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 1:25 pm
This year I’m preparing 25. Nothing expensive or complicated or “themed” or labor intensive. Just an assortment of small food items in a colorful bag with a one sided card. B”H I am 3 months postpartum with twins and I have an active toddler running around, too. These days I strive for “done.” It doesn’t have to be “done to perfection.” ;-)

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 1:45 pm
I voted 1-10 because op wrote how many preplanned ones. I give very few and besides last year, I never used to go out to go out and give. This year since I went out last year and noticed so many people collecting tzedaka for themselves, I'm making for them too. Last year, I gave whatever money I had to them and I noticed that they were holding a few mm. I figured it was from people who didn't have money on them, but extra mm. I decided this year I was going to make mm that is a meal, a sandwich and cookie and give it to the people collecting along with tzedaka and give my friends just the mm Wink . I'm making 30 of them.

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 5:40 pm
I give around 25- 35 mostly neighbors teachers and family .

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 7:14 pm
2 for rebbeim a wine bottle in a nice bag
2 for teachers something store bought
Usually I’d do 20 for everyone else but this year I’m not allowed to give so I made less.

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 10:34 pm
24:
2 teachers
3 therapists
1 bus driver
parents
in-laws,
2 grandparents
5 for local married sibs
9 neighbors in my building

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 10:43 pm
How do u make mm that is only $3 or $1.50 ??? Are u only putting in 2 items? Which 2 items cost so little?I want to do it so cheap too.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 10:51 pm
amother wrote:
How do u make mm that is only $3 or $1.50 ??? Are u only putting in 2 items? Which 2 items cost so little?I want to do it so cheap too.

Yes. Like a homemade danish and an iced coffee on a plate shrink wrapped would be about $1.50 each. My shalach manos including packaging never exceeds $3.00 each.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 10:51 pm
I'm curious, for people who live "in town" or in a large frum community, how many neighbors do you give to?

We give to 25 neighbors, and that's just our block and about 2 or 3 around the corner.

amother
White

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 10:54 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
This year I’m preparing 25. Nothing expensive or complicated or “themed” or labor intensive. Just an assortment of small food items in a colorful bag with a one sided card. B”H I am 3 months postpartum with twins and I have an active toddler running around, too. These days I strive for “done.” It doesn’t have to be “done to perfection.” ;-)

Holy cow! How on earth do you manage! Why would you even bother doing even one more than you're obligated to do?! Tzadekkes much?
Twins? And a toddler? 3 months? Remind me never to complain in front of you...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics