Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
How early is not rude for delivering mishloach manot?
Previous  1  2

how early can we deliver mishloach manot without being rude?
7 am  
 2%  [ 2 ]
7:30 am  
 0%  [ 0 ]
8 am  
 5%  [ 5 ]
8:30 am  
 12%  [ 12 ]
9 am  
 80%  [ 77 ]
Total Votes : 96

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 5:11 am
You can always put up a note on front door saying it got late last night and before a certain hour you may leave MM by the door.

tf

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 5:56 am
amother wrote:
I have the opposite question. How late is too late to blast your music on purim?
I say after 1030. My neighbors party until 200 am with the music blasting and my house vibrating.

Banging head

I wear foam ear plugs.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 6:24 am
Why not turn the early hour into an asset? Send something not sweet that can be breakfast. I for one would appreciate that a lot, bc I would know that we have some real food in us before we start sampling all the sugar. Years ago, an older woman in my neighborhood used to drop off savory (cheese filled) hamentashen, and a thermos of coffee, right after shul. We loved it.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 6:45 am
If you're just dropping it off, no time is rude. You're not ringing a bell. You're leaving an MM on their doorstep

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 7:27 am
You can leave a MM at my door at any hour, day or night, so long as it is sealed tight for bugs, rain etc and won’t spoil. PLEASE just don’t ring the bell before 8.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:38 am
So definitely not before 9. Just curious, aren't most people up early for Purim anyway? How do you fit in all the deliveries, yours and kids, and everything else you have to do on Purim, for those that don't start before 11?

octopus

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 12:02 pm
amother wrote:
I think there’s a different answer for chasidish vs. litvish. Chasidish is much later in the morning, I have a feeling those who said 10-11 are In that category. Litvish tends to be earlier , we always give starting after 9.

I'm not chassidish. I do not appreciate people ringing my bell before 10. I like to go to the second megillah reading, and I dont get home before 9;45 and I like to collect myself a little bit before I start answering the door. I would also never call anyone before 10:00 am either.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 7:21 pm
tf wrote:
I wear foam ear plugs.

Foam earplugs do not help my vibrating bed.
Seriously why can't they close their doors and windows and keep the decibel level below 85. And after 9 pm the music should not be heard outside the house. There are many non jews on the block who have to get to work early. They should not have to suffer because of purim and some people who have no respect for others.
I'm dreading tomorrow night already.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 8:42 pm
Well the party is still going. I already called to asked them to lower the volume and close the front windows and door. A lot it helped. Some people think they can do what they wish and don't care about others

gold21

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 8:49 pm
In my opinion, 10:00 is the earliest "normal" time to come, it is a little early but acceptable and not rude. I would be quite confused and unprepared if someone showed up at my door before 10:00.

By 10:30 I expect visitors to start coming by. It's a normal time to come, but not everyone is out yet.

By 11:00 it starts getting busy and everyone is out delivering. That's when most people start heading out to deliver their MM.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette