Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Lets try to keep shmiras halashon

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 9:14 pm
Hi ladies,
Im sure there will be some who appreciate this and others who will roll their eyes but Im just going to say it
It really bothers me when there is loshon hara on this site. I get it that we all need to vent, need advice ect however it is really not ok to speak about specific people and give your opinions about them to others. Especially when nothing positive can come from it.

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 9:21 pm
It’s all like triply anonymous... and it’s not lashon hara if it’s l’toeles. Lots of good can come from it.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 12:30 am
Bump

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:13 am
I agree, OP. I'm sure I still have lots of room for improvement but the ways in which I participate in this site have definitely changed since I started learning more strongly about shmiras halashon. I found the recordings on raizelreitshiurim.wordpress.com very helpful - they are about 15 minutes or less each, have extremely realistic and relatable examples, and very helpful advice for improvement that's different than the standard "this and that are wrong so stop doing it."

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:20 am
I didn't realize what an affect imamother is having on me in these areas until I had to speak to a chasidesher man with long curly peyos and a Yiddish accent. The baseless revulsion I felt towards him bothers me deeply.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:59 am
It's a great idea! Thanks! Will try..

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
I didn't realize what an affect imamother is having on me in these areas until I had to speak to a chasidesher man with long curly peyos and a Yiddish accent. The baseless revulsion I felt towards him bothers me deeply.

And repeating it here gains you what exactly?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 9:24 pm
Im just saying when people mention someones name and then it becomes a huge bashing post it really is a problem. I’m not going to start picking out posts because that’s not the point of this. But I think we should just be more aware. Imagine if it was your name on there and people were commenting about you. This is a very public forum in our community and whatever we say is spread to lots and lots of people so once it is on here it is very hard to erase it. Someone’s entire reputation can be ruined in seconds.

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Mar 03 2018, 10:31 pm
Bump
I think there needs to be more awareness
Im not pointing fingers but the world woukd be a better place If we didn’t talk bad about each other
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette