Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Stay Shabbos near hospital cornelle NYC & Westchester psychi

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 8:25 pm
Hi not sure yet where my aquaintance will be shabbos, weaher Cornelle in NYC or Westcherster psychiatric. Where / how can I find a place to stay? If its not a home then it needs to be very shabbes friendly like no automatic lights and no automatic a/c shutting off.... place for 2.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 8:52 pm
Bump anyone please? For both locations.

brooklyn11211

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 10:31 pm
This one is for near cornell they might have near whestchester as well

http://mnhtn.bikurcholim.house.....reate

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 4:16 am
Be aware that you will not be able to spend the whole shabbos with them. Visiting hours in the psych ward are very limited.

losingweight

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 5:57 am
Near Cornell there's Friendship House. It's a bikur Cholim house. You need reservations. Call before you fill the application.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 8:53 am
Thanks, ill try this Shabbes. The Crowne is not far just $$$ for me

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 9:00 am
amother wrote:

I believe that the Westchester facility is about a mile from the Hebrew Institute of White Plains. Give them a call to see if they can help with housing for Shabbat.

potatoes

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 9:03 am
Westchester hospital has bikur cholim accomidations in a seperate building right near the hospital. Not sure if the psych ward is in the hospital or a different location

happyone

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 10:19 am
potatoes wrote:
Westchester hospital has bikur cholim accomidations in a seperate building right near the hospital. Not sure if the psych ward is in the hospital or a different location

Totally different location. Bikur Cholim accommodations are for westchester medical and Maria ferari childrens hospital in valhalla . The place you are asking about is in white plains.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 11:02 am
happyone wrote:
Totally different location. Bikur Cholim accommodations are for westchester medical and Maria ferari childrens hospital in valhalla . The place you are asking about is in white plains.

But they do suggest you call re Weill Cornell (which is what OP is referring to).

http://www.bikurcholim.org/shaboos_rooms.html

sunspot

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 11:11 am
There is a hotel right near Westchecter Psych. That is where people stay over shabbos. The Bikur Cholim room is stocked. You need to called bikur Cholim of Rockland so that they have you on the list. You can request longer stay hours...they do let

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 7:07 pm
This is amazing chesed! Thanks for posting when you did. HASHEM runs the world! Wow!

newmother

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 7:37 pm
You can look on chesed.org/hospitals for information about bikur cholim rooms and details about Jewish needs in different hospitals

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 4:15 am
amother wrote:
But they do suggest you call re Weill Cornell (which is what OP is referring to).

http://www.bikurcholim.org/shaboos_rooms.html

Its 21 bloomingdale road. Across chese cake factory. Westchester mall.Unforrtunately that patient is still there. One shabbos we went.to the crown. It was very expensive.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 3:11 pm
amother wrote:
Just.so you know if.you ask for a discount for families of patients that are at 21 bloomingdale Rd they give. But I dont.know how much the discount is
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries