Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Keffy/Keffie

amother
Black

Post Sat, Mar 03 2018, 9:34 pm
Any name experts know the origins of this name? I heard it sometime last week and it’s been on my mind ever since. The family of the little girl with the name is not really frum so it may not even be a Jewish name.

Anon b/c I’ve been asking around.

pesek zman

Post Sat, Mar 03 2018, 9:39 pm
I've never heard of it

ChutzPAh

Post Sat, Mar 03 2018, 11:14 pm
Reminds me of kefir.

Orchid

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 12:14 am
Reminds me of kefiyah.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 12:16 am
What is it short for? Sounds like a mini kefta kebab.

etky

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 12:23 am
Kefi in Hebrew is an adjective built off the word "Kef" which means "fun" or "good time".
It's slang and I think that it is derived from Arabic.
That's my association with the name.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 7:48 am
Could be just a nick name. Never ever heard of such a name. Many secular Israelis have the strangest names on their chidlren today. Not to mention the unis-x names which drives me crazy.

etky

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 9:03 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Could be just a nick name. Never ever heard of such a name. Many secular Israelis have the strangest names on their chidlren today. Not to mention the unis-x names which drives me crazy.

If indeed the child is Israeli (OP did not say where she heard the name) then it does stand to reason that it is a nickname. I don't think Kefi is a name - even among secular Israelis. I was just remarking, as other posters were, what my association is with the word/name: it evokes the Hebrew/Arabic word 'Kef'.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names