Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What’s the best diet

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 5:22 pm
I want to eat healthy and not crazy restrictive. Like maybe whole 30 but with healthy grains and beans. Is there such a thing???

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 6:49 pm
Here’s what I suggest—-and it worked for me. No: cakes cookies crackers bread pretzels pasta rice potatoes ice cream candy. Up your protein and lower your carbs and fats. Even good carbs I avoided, such as whole oats and brown rice. Lots of green vegetables and berries. Good fats: avacado, salmon and almonds. Drink more water. I lost 40 lbs very quickly and am keeping it off. After a while, I reintroduced sweet potatoes, oats, beans, humus and some other good carbs. But in moderation. Hatzlacha!

Blessing1

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 7:21 pm
You have to find the right diet for you. What's great & works for one person may not work for you.

Frummommy138

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 7:57 pm
amother wrote:
Here’s what I suggest—-and it worked for me. No: cakes cookies crackers bread pretzels pasta rice potatoes ice cream candy. Up your protein and lower your carbs and fats. Even good carbs I avoided, such as whole oats and brown rice. Lots of green vegetables and berries. Good fats: avacado, salmon and almonds. Drink more water. I lost 40 lbs very quickly and am keeping it off. After a while, I reintroduced sweet potatoes, oats, beans, humus and some other good carbs. But in moderation. Hatzlacha!

I like the sound of this. And I need to lose35 lb ASAP.
Would u be so kind and put a sample menu of what u ate in a day? Breakfast lunch supper menu ideas....
Also what did u do on Shabbos?
Tia!

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 8:08 pm
Shabbos menu: soup (no matza ball or croutons), baked chicken, roasted vegetables, steamed broccoli, spaghetti squash. One bite of challah. One sip of kiddush. Shabbos day: cholent ( no potato but some meat/ barley/ beans ok) and lots of salad.
Breakfast is Greek yogurt (plain fat free with sweetener) with blackberries. 2 hard boiled eggs. Lunch: soy balogna slices on romaine stalks. Fruit. Almonds.
Dinner: salmon or chicken. Or broiled slices of tofu. Broccoli or cauliflower or Brussels sprouts. Salad.
That’s a sample menu. I also eat soy chicken or soy burgers- but watch the carbs. Scrambled eggs. Quinoa- very small quantity. A big salad with sliced chicken breast.
You can try orgain protein bars or nugo bars. The lowest fat/carb ones with highest protein. I found they upset my tummy so I let them go. I also love peanut butter powder for some extra protein. 90% fat free. The chocolate ones are very good. Add to yogurt or mix with water and dip an apple in.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 5:40 pm
Thank you so much for the above. It was all so helpful. Any recipes for easy and healthy quinoa? Also, how much is considered a " small portion of quinoa? Is it considered a protein, and could be a main dish for me for dinner?

mha3484

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 5:49 pm
I went to a lecture on nutrition and the presenter said your plate should be 50% protein and 50% vegetable. The carbs should be seen like a desert. A small portion after you eat the other categories. She also talked about how important breakfast is. She said if you can get 30 grams of protein at breakfast it will keep you full longer and you wont nosh as much throughout the day.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 6:29 am
Anyone know about my quinoa questions? Thanx so much!

gnomey

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 7:04 am
I treat quinoa as a whole grain like brown rice, barley, etc. and use it like a side dish with a lean protein. Cook it in broth and bulk it up 50/50 with veggies like diced onion, zucchini, mushrooms, or riced cauliflower and you can get a big 0.5c serving (.25c cooked quinoa and .25c veggies). You can also make veggie burgers with it!

Emotional

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 7:59 am
For me, a low carb approach always worked the best (until I developed food sensitivities, but that's another story.. ).
Some people will tell you Weight Watchers. Some people will tell you to work with a nutritionist and count calories. Everyone is different. It depends on their metabolism, health history, personal preferences, etc.

an28

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:32 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
I want to eat healthy and not crazy restrictive. Like maybe whole 30 but with healthy grains and beans. Is there such a thing???

Check out the book L'Chaim: 18 Chapters to Live By by nutritionist Dr. Shmuel Shields for comprehensive information about a healthy kosher lifestyle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise