Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Food for one year old

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 6:49 am
I'm looking for ideas of food to send with my baby to the babysitter. He doesn't take a bottle and is at the babysitter for six hours a day so I need to send enough to keep him well fed. And he's a bit of a picky eater....He is allergic to eggs and doesn't like bread. He also won't eat avacado or cottage cheese. I send a Greek yogurt and baby oatmeal with applesauce but need more ideas... he eats chicken in the evening at home but only fresh. He loves French fries but I feel a little silly sending that as a meal. Any other ideas?

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 6:55 am
What about very soft pasta (macaroni) or soft potatoes and soft boiled carrots (even boiled squash etc) cut in small cubes? Fun finger foods! Work well with some shredded cheese for protein.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 6:58 am
How many teeth does he have? Some babies at one year still have very few teeth, some have a mouth full. Knowing what he can chew will make a difference.

DD absolutely loved cubed baked sweet potatoes. A bit messy as a finger food, but she would snarf them down every single day and not get bored. Cut up soft fruit like banana and melon are good, too. If he doesn't like bread, will he take teething bisquits?

Don't worry about sending too much protein, as long as he gets protein in his dinner. Lunch can just be healthy snacks.

lfab

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 7:11 am
What about chopped meat? Is not too tough so he should be able to break it up and chew even if he doesn't have many teeth. Meatballs, hamburgers, meatloaf, etc. Easy to make (plus you can make in bulk and freeze) and healthy.
You can also do pasta, bananas, melon, fish, tuna.

MyUsername

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 5:21 pm
Muffins are great - if he is allergic to eggs, there are recipes for applesauce (or other baby puree) or banana or avocado or cottage cheese based which don't need eggs (and the avocado or cottage cheese or whatever isn't a strong flavor). They are often sweet, so even picky eaters like them, and you can put fruit pieces in too. If you make muffins oat-based, that increases the protein content. You could also do vegetable-puree based instead of applesauce.

How about techina or chummus? Our dd ate them plain. . .

smileyfaces

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 5:58 pm
Waffles or pancakes

trixx

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 6:03 pm
Greek yogurt bars
Penne pasta
Fruit like berries, apple slices
Roasted veggies - sweet potato fries, zucchini slices, green beans
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics